Lav1 16
Lav2 16

Ravis kids (5 days)
Buck 20
Doe 16

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
We did our Farm Day spiel today. After a rough start just leaving the house....Murgan and Tommie (nigerian does) jumped out of the trailer before we even got everyone in, things went pretty smooth. We had 6 of the kids that signed up come and help us. The 3rd graders were great but boy am I glad to be home!

After a migraine bad enough to call in to work yesterday (trying not to throw up while calling to let them know), I was hoping today would be easier.

Bobbie and his sister are 4 weeks old today. Bobbie weighed in at 42 lbs! and his sister is 35lbs!:ep by 4 weeks, I mean 28 days. Just 28 days. :th Good job Rigatoni! :love

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
They do slow down, but I bet I could keep them higher (if not that high) if I was able to feed more grain longer. I am not set up to creep feed, but I am positive that would keep our gains up drastically.

Milk keeps kids gaining really fast which is why I bought Cherry with her buckling last year, so DS3 could let him have milk as long as we wanted....happened to be until he actually went to the fair.

I desperately want to have my boers kid in time to help our local kids in 4-H get in there with the big guns. There were a couple of market goat wethers that were likely purchased for more than I can afford to pay for breeders, and they blew the other wethers away of course. I have some great producers, if they would just breed a little earlier. Ours would be fine weight wise, our fair is the beginning of June, but most kids already have their goats. They have to own them 60 days before the fair I believe. This guy, Bobbie" would still have to stay at least another 4 weeks minimum, 8 weeks preferable for maximum growth, if he were going as a show wether.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today I did the feed store runs. Had to unload all by myself. :th16 bales of hay, 400 lbs of grain from the first store, 240 lbs from the last.

Then I weeded (most of) the rest of the little flower garden.

Disbudded Baileys girls, Ravis girl and Reeses girls

Baileys girls (12 days)were both 16#
Ravis buck kid (11 days)was 18#
Ravis doe kid 16#
Reeses girls (13 days)were 6#

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just fired StinkerBelle.....She gave me quad bucklings!!! :p

She did wait for me to get home but I guess she really didn't have much choice. I had to get he neighbor to help hold her since I am here alone and she was clearly in labor butnot progressing. I really hate having to help before even one kid shows, but we got all 4 out safe and sound...hear one crying be back....

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kids are OK.

I am eating breakfast at 3 pm...and hot dogs at that!:sick but it was ready to eat so i guess there is that. Overall a good day so far. :thumbsup

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Camera is still being terrible but I managed to get a couple pics of some kids

Baileys lavender kids

DSC00427.JPG

Ravis doe kid

DSC00426.JPG

Ok this is taking too long, I gotta go to bed... will post more pics later.