Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just posted the add the other day and I think I may already have a buyer for Cosmo (AKA Sister) and Hammie the doe kid with the hamster on her side. :fl I just gotta see if I can get the brother to take a bottle so they can go home sooner.

Hey @Bruce who is Newton? Are you waiting on babies?

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are in the middle of disbudding Stinkers boys right now and I just found what looks like 2 more moonspots on the blue eyed wattled kid and I found a few more on my tiny kid too! :weee:weee

Had a successful 4-H goat meeting today. Only 2 kids because the others were sick, but we covered alot of info.

I have someone coming out to see the nubian buck kid in a few weeks so that is good. He is turning ou tto be a really beautiful goat. I know I am partial, but wow. I was checking on my adds and I was like, Wow! Those nubian kids are pretty look at those ears.... it was my own add!:p

I got bit by the gander today. I put up a redneck, temporary fence (part puppy pen, part rabbit cage)to block the end of the driveway so they can eat the weeds and he showed his appreciation for it by biting me. o_O We had a conversation or 2.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Newton is @newton the goat's doe (actually her father's). We've been trying everything to get Newton to kid (as best one can on a forum the goat doesn't read) including encouragement, "who will go first" competitions and shame. She FINALLY had her 2 kids on Friday. Poor @newton the goat was waiting for a month (maybe two) and obviously determined the breeding date was way off the mark.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
PICS

Nubian twins
DSC00460.JPG

Hammie

DSC00464.JPG

3 of StinkerBelles boys

DSC00491.JPG
DSC00492.JPG
DSC00503.JPG

Pearls smaller doe kid Thumbelina
DSC00519.JPG

Pearls buck kid
DSC00515.JPG

Sisters buck kid
DSC00550.JPG
DSC00551.JPG

One of Spellbounds boys
DSC00560.JPG

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks OFA

Here are a few more

Mr Sinister
DSC00558.JPG

Bobbie, I love this kid! He is so sweet and just all muscle!!!
DSC00566.JPG
DSC00573.JPG

Ravis doe kid
DSC00578.JPG

Ravis buck
DSC00580.JPG

My "purple" goat doe kid out of Bailey
DSC00586.JPG
DSC00585.JPG

Limo, the other "purple" (lavenderish/grey) dappled kid. She looks mostly white in the sun,but up close her color is pale grey shading all over
DSC00587.JPG

PJ
DSC00591.JPG

Auroarasaurus
DSC00598.JPG

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks!

My brother texted to let me know that his little one is home and feeling OK. Not totally out of the woods yet, but better. I guess it was bacterial infection of some sort. I don't have all the details yet.

Rough, busy day at work. But one touching thing happened as we were all walking out to our cars this evening. A guy had been talking to the Dr through the fence as she sat writing up her charts on the covered patio/outdoor kennel area. He turns to us and asks us to wait. He wanted to thank us for our service and for treating him with respect. He is homeless and alot of times he doesn't get treated with any respect at all. He appreciated our help giving his dogs their vaccines to keep them healthy. He showed us pics of them and mentioned how people are amazed that they are in such good shape. He had tears in his eyes as he thanked us. We accepted high fives and I asked him for his name. His name is Christopher. I told him I will remember that as I have a brother with the same name. I told him my name, but alas, he doesn't have a sister with my same name so he apologized that he might forget it. But that's Ok I won't mind. This couple minutes connecting with him touched my heart tonight.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
It has been along week at work....did I mention that it's been a long week????

So, I kinda had an episode today. I was counting pills with a coworker and it went something like this.... 5, 10, 15, 20, ugh whats that smell??? 25, 30, oh jeez, 40, 45, GAHHHHH!!! Than I just started laughing uncontrollably til I was crying!!! Tears running down my face, can't breath, kind of crying! Why? Because my deodorant wore off hours ago and the smell of stinky underarms was distracting me to the point of delirium!!!!:gig:th:sick (Just for the record, I will be getting some of my normal deodorant tomorrow.... the kind that works! I ran out and was using the emergency stash in the medicine cabinet to get me by.... but it didn't really get me by, it just got me really distracted!)

On a better note, the 4-H fair started tonight so I went to watch our dairy goat kids showing. They did OK for first time showmen and the goats did OK for first times in the rings too. They were cold as they were slick sheared cause it was windy, cold and rainy, so they were hunching up a little bit but they look really good! The nigerians were kids we sold them, sisters and a niece to StinkerBelle. Then our kids won the club group with 3 kids and their goats from our club. :weeeGo Kings River 4-H Dairy goat kids!!!!

One of my little dairy goat girls overheard an adult on the sidelines telling their kid that if they didn't work with the goat, they would end up like "that" referring to her goat. I understand what they meant, but my kids feelings were hurt. :( She is a new 4-H kid and hasn't had alot of time to practice yet. Her goat is not quite a year old and for her first time out she was jumping and throwing a royal tantrum in the ring. My kid held her tight, put her back in line and was really very patient all things considered. Most of our goats have done that the first 2-3 times in the ring, including StinkerBelles first and second time showing, heck she even jumped out of the pen and went running through the fairgrounds one year! By the next year, they don't freak out as much and they are much more cooperative. I told her not to worry about it, just to work on walking her often and she will come around. I think her goat may really give some of them a run for their money once she is in milk, so at next years fair, but this year she can get her used to the idea and just practice. The 3 females that I sold this family are all from Reeses line and she is a bit of a drama queen, so they have that added in there, but they are very beautiful animals.