Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got a phone call and sent the nubian doeling to her new home an hour later! Best wishes to her new family!:thumbsup

I may be trading a nigerian doe for a nigerian buckling from different bloodlines....like I need another boy!:thbut I need some new bloodlines.

And I may or may not have just agreed to buy a nubian doe with lotsa spots..... ( :idunnoLooking around like I haven't a clue :p...)

I have to say, that I do happen to know who all the dams are, but I helps that most of goats look different, at least to me. That said, we only had buckskin and chocolate buckskin kids born this year in the whole nigerian herd.... I need some new goats that aren't those patterns....but they are the ones I like so I keep on keeping them! :D =D Anyone got a calculator...this goat math is hitting me....

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It all makes perfect Sense to me. Those that ya have and those that have been sold, is Proof enough for me that ya know what ya are Doing.....:thumbsup
The more, the Merrier.....:)

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
My young friend came out to play with her goats and leave a deposit. She is buying 2 boer doe kids for her breeding project. Hope they do well for her at the state fair.

We moved all the boer kids up to the other pen so I can feed them more grain without the big mamas hogging it all. There is a lot of screaming going on. Ravi has THE most annoying kids!:barnieThey sound just like her!

We had about a dozen baby ducks born yesterday. Adorable..... but that means I will be butchering again in a few months and I still haven't finished butchering the last set of boys!:th

Speaking of eating ducks, we put some ground duck in our "meatcake" tonight. Been awhile since we had that for dinner so we are excited!

I have done good so far this year and haven't actually bought any goats yet.....But this math is getting to me.... I might just wait to do the figuring until later....once I see if any goats show up!:p

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am soooo excited!!! :weee

My package just arrived! You wanna good laugh? I am so excited about.....
deodorant! :ep Really! I bought some expensive hippy deodorant and my coworkers are gonna be my guinea pigs! I'll let you know if they survive the experiment. After my last deodorant fiasco at work.... well... they might not see too much humor to be found in the situation. o_O I on the other hand think it will be great! :gig

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
So it works like this. I shower, apply liberally, and go to work. I am very (VERY) busy at work and really put the deodorant to the test..... If coworkers don't smell me at all, then it gets an "AWESOME",:thumbsup if they smell a faint something.... then it still gets an"OK", :D =D if they pass out or break out in the uncontrollable giggles like I did the last time my deodorant gave out, then I gotta give it up for humanities sake. :(

I really would like an alternative to the aluminum as it is toxic, but I gotta be able to focus and not pass out from the smell of myself.:confused: Working with animals, we get plenty of other really stinky things to deal with at work, humans should not be one of them! So far I have done 2 days of the stick version and we are going good! If you haven't done anything like this, sometimes you can start a healing crisis in your body when you stop ingesting, applying, exposing yourself to regular amounts of toxins. Your body will try its best to heal and throw off the waste, sometimes making an unpleasant fragrance for a bit, but it is usually very temporary.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rocky has been feeling feisty lately. I bought a new clip for his feed bucket. They keep breaking the feed store clips so I bought a stronger one, clipped his bucket to the fence and fed him. About 5 minutes later he was thrashing the bucket, but it was still on the fence so I looked to see if the tantrum was because he dumped all his food on the ground, but nope! He ate it all. He wanted more I guess. The feed store was out of our usual pellets so they are getting a chow version mixed with their alfalfa pellets and I guess he really likes it. I took the bucket before he broke that and he escalated his tantrum a bit... What a magnificent animal! :loveHe was standing up on back hooves and jumping straight up in the air! He is a big powerful dude! (Just so noone worries that he was too hungry, he still had his veggies, just wanted more dessert!);)

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
And here is Whoopsies kid, Lala
DSC00965.JPG

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
That, about the deodorant, is quite humorous. I've never thought of it in such a fashion, but it is reality. I have always had laborous jobs and have worked in the heat and humidity here. It will put anything to the "Test". Of course toxins were never thought of, but the "Curling of the Nose Hair" certainly have.
I have a wether, Comet, that used to battle his feed bucket all the time, so I put him to a test, and what stopped him from tearing buckets up was not attaching his bucket to the fence. He can manipulate it anyway he wants too, but he leaves it sitting on their deck. I believe that his horns would get in the fence and it irritated him to tearing up the buckets. Since I started doing this he hasn't wasted any pellets at all.
Little Lala sure is a Cutie!!