Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
The problem with my big boys having their buckets on the ground, is that they end up upside down in the middle of the pen where I can't reach them. While I threaten to hide in their pens on a regular basis to avoid anyone I know won't find me there, I don't actually want to go in their pens every day. The gates on those pens aren't single hand use either.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, I'm sure it is different with an intact buck. Could ya make a opened top box that ya could reach over or thru to dump the feed into from outside? I did think about it, after I pisted the other day, and took this for ya.... IMAG2375.jpg ....he defends that bucket relentlessly....he has played with it so much, that he can manipulate it anyway way he wants. He is about his belly and hates to waste pellets.....:)....he is also my 66% boer/pygmy cross.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Buckets are the reason my bucks only get hay, and they need a new feeder for that, they have destroyed the one I have. Actually it is the nigi with horns that relentlessly torturers the feeder. It is on my to do list, maybe this week...and maybe not.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
So our country roots were showing yesterday.....
My daughter and son in law are in town so we had dinner. 4 of us, including the DS3 that lives with me. We had corned beef, cabbage and potatoes (DDs favorite) :drool , eaten with mismatched real silver silverware on basic, regular (read pretty but cheap) plates. After dinner I tried a new drink recipe, adult slushies, in my beautiful solid wine glass straight from Germany (gift from my BFF), along with fancy locally made cheeses from the Farmers market and the BEST strawberries on the planet!!! :drool They come from Watsonville...if you are ever there during strawberry season, DON'T MISS OUT!!! Just the right mix of down to earth and fancy schmancy!:D =D

Talk about good company and great food! :thumbsup

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
@CntryBoy777

I plan on figuring out some type of over the fence feeder for the big boys, 1 bucket manages to stay on the fence, but they destroy every shelter and feeding solution I have come up with so far. I want to fence off a larger area for them one of these days with fencing that can handle them. They could easily take apart the fencing I have them in if they wanted to. Thankfully they are all very peaceful and if they did get out, they are all approachable and friendly so getting them back in would be fairly easy. Rocky is the shyest, but food is a great motivator for these eating machines!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
And if you are in that area in September, make a trip a bit south of Watsonville to Castroville - artichoke capital of the world. CHEAP at the farm stands. At least that used to be the case.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Grew up a few miles south of L.A.. Deserted the state when I graduated from Cal Poly Pomona in '79. As the saying goes "Nice place to visit (*) but I wouldn't want to live there".

* Family ;)

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Check out my new "Filly"!!! :love

I had to explain to my son in law that spots on goats are like champagne bubbles... they make me feel really good, kinda woozy, light headed and happy and then my money just sort of floats away and the goats with the champagne bubbles follow me home and I am soooooo happy and have really sweet dreams.... !:gig
DSC00996.JPG