Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Might just (offer to) take BOTH of the ladies out to lunch/dinner when I go to pick up my pup. ;) Would be worth it to meet some other great BYH members. Previous Babs pup possibilities had me meeting Babs in northern Nevada (Reno) to pick up a pup as it would probably not be in my best interest to be in CA and it would save an extra day of driving for me. Long story...
Sounds like an interesting story

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
So does this mean you are interested in a puppy? I-80 in the winter is usually clear unless there is a storm at that exact time of travel, they do a good job keeping it plowed.

@ragdollcatlady could meet me in Sacramento and then we could go over the hill together to meet you.

Here we are talking puppies and she isn't even bred yet. :)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Lets get her bred and yes, I'd like to discuss the options. :D

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
What? Not counting your pups before they are conceived?? How novel ;)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
First time mama so you never know, could get one or two or a boat load. I don't separate her for breeding so I typically get bigger litters...8-10. We will see. I love raising pups so I hope she is a good girl about all of this, if not it won't be repeated. I'm a little concerned about her being overly protective but hoping I am worried over nothing.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Since we are talking about puppies....

As you can clearly see, my immunity to puppy cuteness saves me once again from making horrible decisions ... decisions like bringing home 2 mini dachshund puppies.... OH WAIT!!! NOPE!!! It failed me!!! :barnie Every day at work, I get my 'puppy cuteness' vaccine, sometimes multiple times in the same day.... What happened?:hu

Oh well... at least you y'all can enjoy the cuteness with me while you laugh at my "misfortune" and lack of sleep! :th

Isn't this the cutest face, like, ever!
DSC01147.JPG
DSC01144.JPG
DSC01158.JPG
DSC01159.JPG
DSC01160.JPG
DSC01162.JPG
DSC01163.JPG
DSC01134.JPG

Have I mentioned lately that I hate puppies??? :barnieWell, not my puppies... just puppies in general. I wish them on my worst enemies because they exact a very specific revenge.... teethmarks everywhere, holes in your favorite Jack Skellington purse, nonstop puddles on the floor, the occasional squishy poo pile (by occasional, I mean every 5 inches of floor space or 2 seconds, whichever comes first) and the lack of sleep for a whole 6 months straight. I have this revenge thing down! And my enemies won't even know what hit them until they are too attached to the little buggers to give them away! Brilliant if I do say so myself.:plbb :hide not that I know anything about "puppies revenge" or anything!!! :gig

Last edited:

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey, so you know how I said my life is ALWAYS CRAZY? Yeah, remember that? Well, today my kid came into my clinic and asked to talk to me. Nothing wrong with that, but unusual. So I went up to the lobby and he very calmly proceeds to tell me he was, sort of, "pushed over" by a really huge truck, while on his bike, in the parking lot next door! :barnieThis is my second kid to get run over!!! :barnieOk.... so I am being overly dramatic, totally, just ignore me for a minute and I'll calm down. He is fine, not a scrape. :thumbsup Apparently he blocked his fall with his hands. The guy got out and made sure he was fine, even offered him money apparently, which the kid turned down. (I am going to be out the cost of repairs to his bike. :\ ) He has since been advised to call me immediately from the scene of any future accidents so I can come to him and be sure he is fine or call for medical assistance, driver info is obtained and all that blah, blah, blah stuff. :old

Have I mentioned that my life is always crazy?

And I thought getting stopped by 2 trains this morning was downright different! Life sure showed me!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You clearly lack self control, something to work on before you are overrun with puppies!

Glad DS is OK (could have broken a wrist stopping a fall that way) but yeah it sure would have been nice if he took the money to fix the bike. Time to learn "defensive biking"!!!