Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks! I LOVE having my kids home!!!:love

Pups name is Rico Stinko Suave. His personality is starting to show and he is soooo cute! He is starting to make little noises, mostly little grumbles. SO silly!:D =D I think my immunity to dogs is at an all time low right now :th.... gotta get on that $#!T before it gets out of control!!!:old

Sad note... it was time to say goodbye to one of my old Rags, Tantara. :hitShe was 16, almost 17, so we had a nice long run. Still it hurts. I am grateful that I have a compassionate coworker group. Nearly everyone offered hugs and condolences.... of course I was totally falling apart for a minute... maybe 2. But I managed to pull myself together and get back to work pretty quick. I will probably really lose it when Bianca goes too... but for the minute I think I am OK.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you.

The first night she was gone, I stayed up later, didn't want to go to sleep of course, because that is when I will miss her the most. I didn't sleep well, she normally slept on either my hip or shoulder and her presence was very much missed. But then, when my morning alarm went off and I hit the snooze, Bianca came over. She usually brushes my face with her whiskers, and meows REALLY loudly about a centimeter from my face, just to say "good morning, I missed you, waited all night for you to wake up, now pet me!!!" So she did that, but then after a quick pet, she settled on my shoulder in Tantaras spot until I actually got up. She has taken up the new spot every night. And SkyBorg has taken to head butting me and insisting on a bunch of snuggles at bedtime.... It feels great to be loved through the tough times.

:weeeGood News Flash!!!! Ghost Ryder had twin does tonight!!! :weee.......and Alaska already named the heavily dappled one that I want to keep, Mocha! :hide :D =D

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
20180113_194632[1].jpg
20180113_194042[1].jpg
20180113_193422[1].jpg

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so sorry you lost your longtime friend and companion. I wish I had the words to express what is in my mind and heart... sometimes there just is no way to put it in words. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Congratulations on your kids! Can't wait for pics!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Baby goats are cute...almost as good as cats. :) I am sorry about you losing Tantara, it is so hard to say goodbye to our old friends. My all time favorite cat in the entire world was a stray that I rescued...he looked like a Snowshoe. I have said goodbye to way too many animals but he had to be the hardest. I have a pastel portrait of him that my mom did and it is over my bed and for days I would cry whenever I saw the picture. He was my best friend and spent many a night as my soulmate. :hugs

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I clocked in this year at 25 lbs lighter than last January. I am proud of myself for maintaining that despite the difficult times I had. Wanted to do better, but it is progress. As of right now, I am duking it out with that other 5 lbs that isn't allowed to talk to me (total would've been 30, but well, you know). Almost there, then i can start on my next goal.

I thought I would share my current method. I struggle with deprivation. I stress when I "can't have" the foods I like or want. No reason, as I could always have it tomorrow, but I just do. So rather than "do" a diet by the day, sometimes I can't even do a whole day, I measure success by the meal. If I eat an appropriate meal, generally I can eat more since it is diet food, then I count that meal as a success. If I eat a real food, but eat a normal human portion, then I count that meal. I usually eat 2 meals a day, lunch and dinner but have lots of coffee with ton of goats milk for breakfast (I generally can't eat in the mornings or it won't stay down.) I try and do a short workout, just a little cause I won't even start if I don't feel up to finishing it. And if I feel the need to take any supplements I count those. I actually went out and bought gold stars.... the kind from when my kids were little and we had chore charts. Every meal counts as a star, every set of exercise counts as one, and regardless of which or how many, supplements count as one. Here is my progress so far.
20180114_100421[1].jpg

I find that this way, I don't feel so bad if I mess up, it is only one meal. I never have the feeling that since I already messed up, I am done for the day, the next meal is another chance to make a better choice, and I can always earn a star by doing a short workout or at least taking some vitamins or healthy other stuff. Even when I don't see progress living this way, I don't lose as much progress if I mess up several days in a row, even if it is pretty bad. I usually just end up maintaining.