Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
:oops: Oh golly no!!! :oops:

But sometimes I feel really weird following the girls around trying to take udder shots or checking hoohas for signs of kidding... normally doesn't bother me much, but sometimes when they get nervous, it gets pretty uncomfortable... :barnieSince my good camera is just about done, I have to get REALLY close or I don't get even decent shots. My phone and the smaller digital camera, just don't have the same resolution as the big old one. :(

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL!!! :D

That is actually how it is...:old I try and squat and creep in slowly and unobtrusively, they are Nigerians after all... but even reaching out in front of me, as far as I can, they see me/the camera closing in, and they split before I can hit the button!!! or they just dance to the side, give me some stink eye and scold me! :th

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Bruce , but the small digital camera is his, he mailed it to me so I have something to take pics with. Better than nothing. But man!!! I sure miss my old one. Didn't realize how spoiled I was. I think the old one was a 2005 model. :epI am WAY behind the times I know.... but I like when I know how to use something and I'd rather keep an old one that I'm familiar with, than have to learn a new anything, any day! It took me forever to find a new memory card for the old camera when I broke the original one cause I'm the last person on the planet that uses that kind of technology... or was a stone tablet....!:gig

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have one of those cards!!! 2003 camera I finally replaced a couple of years ago.
Looks like this
SmartMediaCardFront.jpg

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, That is almost the same thing, I think mine was blue.

So my favorite little mutt chicken was missing, haven't seen hide nor feather of her in a few days. I was about resigned to her being GONE, when I look outside to see her with a whole new batch of babies!!! :love and :barnie!!! I love babies, but I am honestly trying to downsize so this is NOT helping!!! She had one little black chick that is barely grown enough to be on his own... Well, these babies are probably 3/4 bantam chocolate orpington, most look lighter colored like mom is with one or 2 maybe chocolate. Grandma chicken is a blue faverolle/ameraucana mix that DS1 raised in the front yard with a lone baby duck as her companion. I can't remember what her name is, have to ask him. Anyhow, the Orpington's are smaller and don't fly so they stay in the front yard, the other 2 girls go over the fence foraging or hiding nests in the side yard... apparently!

I got to see DS1 and had lunch with 2 of my boys :D =D (and the ex :\). It was good to have a little time with my boys even if it was a really short visit. After lunch I got about 20 minutes alone with DS1 to catch up over coffee. Man, I miss him! He and I used to have giant salads or pizza and watch the Walking Dead once or twice a week when he was my 'at home' kid. I am way behind on that show since he isn't here to help me stay up to date on it.

DS3 took me on a 'date' a couple evenings ago and we were discussing how we may only have a limited amount of opportunities for dinner together on a regular basis. Most of the times we do a fast food dinner, when he gets off work and is too hungry to spend time making something. Since he doesn't drive and its pretty hot for his bike, I usually pick him up, even if I'm not working. I was suggesting getting his license so I can leave him my truck when I am visiting Alaska later this month and Texas over Christmas. Oh and one day when we were at his job early and getting breakfast before his shift, his coworkers were asking if I was his girlfriend! :D

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
See, we TOLD you you didn't look your age!

If DS3 doesn't have his license, has he driven on a permit enough to pass the test?

So my favorite little mutt chicken was missing, haven't seen hide nor feather of her in a few days.
Incubation is 21 days and you call that "a few days"? Or did you just happen to see her out on her daily "short term personal hygiene" trips.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Incubation is 21 days and you call that "a few days"?

LOL! yeah I know.... She would come hurtling around the fence for breakfast, leaving Jr in the dust. So up until about 4 days ago, I still saw her every day, even if it was only for a few minutes. Poor Jr has been replaced by a whole passel of new babies that are way cuter than him! Last night, mama chicken went to bed with the little ones and poor Jr was left to try and put himself to bed. Doodles and Siri, the dachshund sisters, were in the front yard wrestling and racing around like crazy animals, so he had to fly over the fence to avoid them.