Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Framed a couple pics of Alaska and I and hung a couple cork boards up. I still need something for the wall to cover the old mailbox slot and something for the one open spot, but then that room should be pretty much set for stuff on the walls. The other pic, next to the white frame, is of one of my closest friends and I about 18 years ago.
20180903_174326.jpg
20180903_174628.jpg
20180903_174829.jpg
20180903_185741.jpg

Added new hasps to the broken back panel on my trailer, praying it will be enough. I wasn't strong enough to bend the brackets that hold that part, back to how they were, so I replaced the broken hasp, tightened the remaining one and added another one to each side. :fl I have to go get hay tomorrow on my lunch break so anyone in the mood to pray, please include me and the trailer! :fl

I have decided that since it has plenty of vitamin C and all the other benefits found in orange juice (liquids to stay hydrated and oranges of course, and it is cold since it is stored in the fridge), mimosas are now officially considered a healthy beverage in my house and I should most definitely consume them daily! :D =D (Don't worry though, I am heavier handed on the juice side and really just need the champagne for some bubbles since that makes it almost romantic!:p) I am trying to stay cool and hydrated at the moment...:hide

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I loaded up DS2s Jetta as full as he let me, with baby toys for the niece and nephews. With my 2 big boys, I am amazed that we got as much in there as we did. I think 6 cardboard boxes, a bag with 3 small plastic storage boxes, one baby doll and her bunk bed, one big storage box full of legos (for DS2) and a huge box of his old books. Oh and the boys went through 2 drawers full of video games and handheld Gameboy and DS units and took what they wanted, and then set aside all the stuff I can donate. :thumbsup

DS2 brought stuff for "everything burgers" and the boys put dinner together while I cleaned up. We had a delicious dinner and a nice little bit of catching up. They left this morning for an event out of town, I believe they are meeting the ex and DS1. Hope they have a great time!

With those toys out of the way, I tried to tidy up a little bit in here. Slowly but surely.

I decided to hold onto the old dollhouse I wanted to send to my niece so I can paint it first. I am thinking of making it almost like a haunted house.... her parents will love it that way, I mean, she was named after a character in a kids Halloween type show after all. :D =D

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK, so when I die, I will NOT be remembered for how clean I keep my house....:hide though the kids and friends say it is comfortable..... ;) but maybe, just maybe, my kids will remember me for good food... see attached pics. My first attempt at making sourdough in the cast iron dutch oven. I thought it was a bit overcooked, but the crust is crunchy (and I actually really like it) and the center is soft, a little bit dense, but I am kinda just flying by the seat of my pants as mom would say. I have general recipe and throw it together as I go. I made the recipe for beer starter on my own since I couldn't find any online to help me a couple years ago, when I was starting with sourdough. Oh and I don't actually make it sour cause I prefer it on the slightly sweeter side.
home made sourdough.jpg
sourdough cut.jpg

Latest posts