Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm glad he's OK. I road motor cycles my whole like until 1985. I was heading out of Memphis and was on I-55 over the Mississippi River flats. An old gent ran me off the road and I went airborne at almost 80 MPH. Obviously I survived with no damage except for a deflated lung when I hit the mud since the river had been a flood stage (luckily for me). I never road one of those things again.
Smart man, you learned the first time.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ups and downs everywhere it seems. I'm glad your brother is ok and sorry about your goat losses. That black dapple is beautiful narrow face or not. I dream of dappled or moonspotted boers.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you everyone.

My brother is doing OK. I got to talk to him tonight. I have left him alone to rest and recover. He is in moms care and she is a retired medical assistant, so great hands to be in. He did try the 20 UMF honey I sent on his hand and one leg wound and felt it burned a little too much, but said that it seemed to subside after about 40 minutes. I told him that if the 20 is too strong, just use the 5, but if it is short term pain, the healing may ultimately be shortened if he can handle the 20. He had to get off the phone because the pain meds were making him nauseous.

He was initially going to be in my 'neighborhood' next week (Fresno) and was wanting to stop by. Not sure if he will make the trip now, but I hope he does. I mentioned my newest favorite restaurant and said that if he does, we should totally head over there.

I got home just in time to help Kandy deliver her kids, twins, buck and doe. I came in from the store and heard a mama goat holler and a baby goat that sounded distressed. Being born is tough! That is all of the boers set to kid for this season. We should have some Nubians in about 5 months though.

Kid count:
Delilah= buck dappled, doe dappled
Bailey= buck dappled, buck dappled, doe dappled
Rigatoni= doe red with dark patches, doe red paint with patches
Blueberry Melanie= buck red, doe red
Kandy Kisses= buck red paint, doe dappled

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey CatLady. I grew up in Fresno!

I’m glad your brother wasn’t hurt any worse than he was. DH was in a motorcycle accident when he was 20. It crushed his pelvis and tore up his knee. He was in the hospital for months and months. When we were first married, his hip was really hurting him. I insisted he so see the head of orthopedics, at Mayo Clinic. It turned out, that the top of his femor bone had worn off due to a piece of hardware, that they put in his pelvis shifting. He had to have a total hip replacement, which was VERY painful. At least now he can walk without all that pain. And as the others who were in motorcycle accidents, he never rode again.

Somethinng else you can do for your brother’s skin wounds, is to buy some dried comfrey. Mix a tiny amount of water into it, let it sit for a few hours to absorb. Place 2 Tbsp of comfrey in a jar with 1/2 cup of olive oil. Mix well. Place the jar in a crock pot, with water up to thee level of oil in the jar, on low for 8-12 hours. That will infuse the healing essential oils into the oil. Strain, and heat the comfrey oil, and add beeswax to it. This will give you an ointment, that you can put on his wounds. Comfrey is excellent for healing wounds and minimizing scarring.

I just did a quick reconfiguring of my basic ointment recipe and you could make a simple, healing, antibiotic ointment, for your brother using the following recipe:

4-1/2 Tbsp Beeswax pellets
4-1/2 Tbsp Comfrey oil
4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
20 drops of Tea Tree Oil
20 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil

Heat the oils in a pan, on the stove. Remove from stove and add beeswax. Stir gently until the wax is melted into the oil, cool to room temp (it will still be liquid. Add the essential oils, and pour into one or more small jars. Set aside and allow to cool completely. Apply to the wounds.

** 1-1/2 tsp = 1/2 Tbsp

This should make 6-1/2 ounces of ointment

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad that your brother will heal up and be ok. He was very lucky.

We need pictures of all these spotty, colorful babies!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Delilah and her kids

20190222_122855.jpg
20190310_092647.jpg
20190222_122606.jpg
20190217_125739.jpg