Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rigatonis doe kids are once again the biggest, fastest growing of all! If I could i would keep the paint with dark patches one. She was the late delivery kid.
20190310_092534.jpg
20190310_092802.jpg

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you taking Bailey to Alaska with you? She might not know what to do with all that white stuff being a CA girl and all. She was my first spotted goat born here and boy was I excited and look at all those pretty kids she is giving you. I'm happy that she found a good home with you.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, Bailey and Rigatoni are both going to the "new country" with me. They are my biggest boers and my best producers. I culled my boer herd really hard in the last 2 years with size as one of the main deciding factors. I let go of some of the high percentage purebred dapples to keep the bigger girls. Ghost Ryder had size, I only let her go because I needed to pay bills, but she was a great specimen too. The only smaller girl I held onto was Blueberry Melanie, she is a RaviliAnna baby, not the best goat, but a favorite. I probably should let her go, but I love her. She seems to have weaker pasterns, they get loose when she is pregnant and she will walk on the back of her hooves. This years kids seem a little better than last years, she is definitely doing better as a mom. We will see how they do growing though. Bailey definitely gives me the prettiest kids.... but Rigs always has the best body type and fastest growing kids. I just wish Rigs was easier to handle. I have been tempted to keep a couple doe kids from her to take her place, but I don't know if they will compare and I couldn't buy a goat this good if I tried. This year, I have Kandy Kisses, the first doe kid I kept out of Rigs. We will see how she does as she just kidded yesterday. So far so good!

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh and I just took a deposit on Manny. Sad as he is a beautiful animal, I was so excited to add his genes to my nigi herd. But it is good as that means we are one animal closer to the final Alaskan herd count.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, So I just accepted a deposit on Calico Pony too. The same person that is taking Manny! I am thrilled that she really appreciates all the effort behind my nigerians. I hope she will keep me updated on the progress of these goats. They are a couple of my best animals, I even wanted to keep both of the kids from these 2 and would have, life being different of course.

Latest posts