Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ragdoll, I will tell ya how me and Joyce met....we were both in truck driver training....she is from Michigan and I was from Mississippi....we were sent from our home locations to Greer, SC....as my training was ending, I had to take the road test and pass to have a tractor assigned to me and I had a bunch of paperwork to fill out.....after the road test was over, I was headed back i side to dispatch to turn in the paper from the tester....Joyce was with her trainer and saw me headed in and stopped me to congradulate me and ask some questions, since she had another 3wks to go before taking the test....well, long story, short....I took her to dinner that night and we talked about being team drvers together....I had a load to pickup the next day and headed out....we corresponded during the time and when she was ready to test, I caught a load back to pick her up.....oh, btw, my 1st load went to a mine in AZ.....and got a load in Phoenix that had a stop in Calexico and emptied in Stockton.....picked up a load in Sparks, headed back to NC....so, somewhere along the way I passed by ya...;)....anyway, we have been together ever since....the day we met was the only time we would have seen each other, so don't think that it is a hopeless situation....it is best to not be looking and pushing....cause when ya least expect it....Boom....ya will cross paths with the right person and ya will certainly know it was well worth the wait....ours wasn't the classic "love at first sight"....but, we fivured if we could last 10mnths cooped up in a truck on the road and not kill each other we could make it work.....got married in Vegas on a trip to LA.....:)

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went to that "farmers only" site once and most of those guys hadn't seen a farm since they were a kid -- and that may have been at the State Fair. :lol: Was a real disappointment in that respect.

I had tried Farmers Only before.... all that were on there out here were couch potatoes and hunters. No real or even wanna be farmers. Not very many actually polite guys either. Might look again cause everyone knows that a country guy would definitely be the best fit for my lifestyle.

I met Alaska on a different site. May try that one again, not sure.

I live in too small of a town to really have many options locally. Besides, a lot of locals aren't my type, which is unfortunate cause I live in such a rural area. People I work with, grew up here and know the reputations of alot of locals (and the reputations of their exes, etc.:old)

Rudy can just take a flying leap! What does he want if not batteries? My nacho cheese sauce? After insulting me like he does? I'll give him my nacho sauce! I'll pour it all over his sensitive electronic parts! How do you like that Rudy?!?! :duc

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
The ads I saw here in IN for Farmers only have young kids in cowboy hats and boots, sitting on tail gates or around bon fires with long necks in their hands. They play them a lot, and I don't see any farmin' displayed in the commercial. Go places you like and enjoy if you want to meet someone that enjoys similar things. Be yourself, and be a casual observer. It seems most times matches are made when not trying. I also believe in the power of prayer. Let God put the right individual in your path. He knows the right time for you and the feller.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went to town today and ran some errands, worked out at the gym.... and completely forgot the 2 min items I went to town for until I was on my way home with perishable groceries, in a hundred degree heat! :thBuuuutttt.... I got a bunch of boxes.... I mean a BUNCH of boxes.... give me a second.... ok, 33 boxes. Um, so I kinda like storage boxes to match, the aesthetics helps my brain when there is too much stuff, if it matches styles and/or colors it is easier to deal with. I love organizing things by the way so these are (gulp... :hide plastic :barnie) but I promise I will use them forever and reuse them, because I don't want my planet to suffer more than it has to, but I need to organize things in containers that will keep bugs and dirt out. I live in a really dirty area and they are kicking up dirt around here again some, and during harvest season, they literally shake the walnuts and dirt out of the trees and the dirt covers my whole house like a volcano erupted. Aaaaand I usually have the windows open ("fresh" air right?) so I get a lot of dirt on a normal day. I have been in a little bit of a psychological rut with my "schtuff" and when that happens, I have a hard time figuring out the best place to put things that i am not wanting to get rid of yet. New boxes for items that I already have a plan for, allows me to start and usually I can pick up some great momentum to finish other cleaning/organizing projects once I get the first couple things out of the way. I came home and completely emptied the medicine cabinet in the bathroom and reorganized it, and also the cabinet at the end of the bathtub. I really could use a few more boxes for those, but they are better than they were. I don't keep medications in the bathroom so the med cabinet just has toothbrushes/paste, deodorant, hair stuff, grooming stuff. Now its better organized. By the way, I have medicine cabinets in 2 of my 3 bedrooms and I love them. I put hair brushes, jewelry, personal items, you could put personal medications in there if you don't have little people running around…. I like the mirror and the dedicated spot for small items that are better there than in a nightstand or whatever. Oh and all our medications and vitamins are organized in upper kitchen cabinets near first aid stuff and safety info so we can always find them.

20190825_211437.jpg
20190825_211345.jpg

Yesterday I went to dinner with a coworker that has having a rough time in her personal life.We didn't really talk about work or anything besides asking how she was doing and I did a little bit of listening. I hope I was able to offer her some support, even though I can't do anything practical to help her. Sometimes just someone caring enough to listen can help, I hope it does. We tried a Thai food place here in town. It was OK, but I don't think I would care if I never go back.:idunno

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
organizing is always good! I love Thai food. That reminds me, there is a Thai restaurant in Tyler that we haven't tried yet.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
HOW TO TELL IF YOU ARE HAVING A BAD DAY..... Oh wait I already did that one! OK, so this isn't nearly as bad as the last one, but I had stuff I wanted to get done, till my plans got upset.

I was excited to come home to start making some garlic bombs. The Sanchas are anticipating them and I wanted to do a practice run tonight. I had to open the Sancha spot that K had, since she quit and I liked having 3 work Sanchas.… one of our new girls was just about begging, even though I told her that one of the requirements was that they had to want to marry me because of the food.... :oldthat was how I ended up with the original 3 anyways! She didn't hesitate, said that was fine (this one commented that she liked how I don't do overly sweet stuff.... a girl after my own tastebuds! :D =D) I even skipped the gym, I was so excited....so I got the first couple steps going (I did the beer starter yesterday) and I was going to let it rise while I cleaned the dishes and tidied up the kitchen. But then the sink was clogged. Like wouldn't drain. I tried the blaster, uses C02, not chemicals, buuuttttt it blasted the pipe off when an old part broke. Water all over, used the wet vac, then the snake, but I cant tell if it was enough. The pipe needs replacing and hardware stores are currently closed. Ill try it tomorrow, if it doesn't work, I guess Ill need a plumber. My plumbing bills for this sink/drain lines are usually in the $4-500 range. Boo. :duc

Once I had realized the sink was going to take a few minutes I had paused long enough to finish adding the rest of the flour to my dough, only to realize that I accidentally added masa instead of wheat flour. :barnie So I just threw it in the oven as a whole loaf. Guess we will see if it is edible. No Garlic Bombs tonight. Boo.:(

Then the sink did the messy making stuff, so showers and cleaning up were next. :th

Feeding the animals was going fine until I realized there was some mistletoe on the ground that appeared to have been nibbled on, probably by goats.... My Nubians! Everyone appears fine right now, but I rushed to clean up, praying everyone had full bellies already before the snack and/or that they decided they weren't fans and stopped eating it after just a bit. Gonna go check on them again before bedtime. :barnie

Had to deal with lawyer stuff today too and that kind of stuff always stresses me out. :rolleyes:

Didn't get any of my organizing things done tonight, :thand I was looking forward to that.

Someone doodled on the (now... or at least used to be clean-ish 10 minutes ago) Kitchen floor! :he And we haven't had accidents in the house in soooo long!!!! :th(No, it wasn't me... in case you were wondering. :old)

And my trucks "Feed me, I'm hungry" light is on. I don't know why it looks like a gas pump! Any truck of mine should know that tacos are better! :old

Verdict is in... The bread tastes like chewy, soft and dense english muffins. :idunnoOk I guess, would be fine with butter or breakfast sandwich toppings.

Ok, today can be over. I'm done with it. See you tomorrow.