Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
They did make a comment of 'if this is what she can do with a broken oven, imagine what she can do with a functioning one!' And they were all gone, so I guess that means they really were ok. :thumbsup
It is clear that they have just volunteered you to make them some goodies in the new stove, just to make sure it works properly of course.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Break out the champagne and join me!!! :weee

We are celebrating the almost impossible.... apparently I am getting younger!! :ep 22 to be exact! I thought 30 was a good place to stop, but i'll take 22! :D =D

Here I was just doing another 'normal day in the life of me' (so.... full of shenanigans of course!) I was planning on doing some buck maintenance this morning, but I was still stressing about the oven and other stuff, so I put off that goat chore but I decided that I would calculate out everything so at least I would have that ready, how much of each supplement each animal needed, and stuff like that. I was enjoying my coffee and the advice columns, everyone was fed and happy, and I got a text from someone that had been asking about some of my dappled boers a few weeks ago. Both kids were still available, I was willing to deliver an hour away and yes, I would gladly come today. Checked and added oil, rinsed off the worst of the dust from my "Dusty" trusty old truck and we were on our way. Got there fine, he liked the animals and did the money/paperwork exchange and I went to get the buck out of the kennel. I was expecting him to come down pretty hard towards my core, since he was very unhappy and not inclined to come out willingly. I was steering him towards me, but a touch to my right, so gravity could assist in my efforts. He came at me, as expected, but I was unable to step back as my boot was accidentally wedged in front of an asphalt chip, so instead I rolled back faster than a bowling ball on a freshly oiled lane! :lol: I didn't hit hard, like I said, I actually just rolled down, the 100 lb kid, just came down next to me and I held tight to his collar. My glasses flew off into the next county though... My kid and the gentleman checked that I was Ok, I was laughing and just told them to take the kid, I was fine. DS3 was worried though because my glasses were broken. I am actually fine to drive without my glasses so no worries. Buuuuutttt…. they were my only glasses. I have one spare pair, but they are spares because they hurt my head and don't fit right, they are not something I can live with for even a really short amount of time. So as soon as we got to town, grabbed some lunch, and checked that Costco didn't offer the vision exam, I fenagled an appointment with an eyeglass place a town over. The Costco over there does do eye appts but they couldn't get me in until the end of September.

I get there early for my appt, check in and chat with the Dr for a few minutes while the paperwork is being finished. Preexam is done and I go in for the actual exam. Dr finishes a few small things on his form, checks my name. Asks my age. I said 42 but he wrote 22. I saw him pause for the tiniest second before he wrote it and I thought I must not have spoken loud enough, he was only 2 feet away from me.... but maybe. So I said a little louder, 'Oh, actually its 42'... He turned to me astonished and did another take and then paused, crossed out the 22 and wrote in 42. "You are the youngest looking 42 year old I have ever seen!" is an exact quote! :lol: I laughed... My youngest kid is 21.... so it would be a little weird if I was only 22! But Hey, I like that! I can start aging backwards! So champagne for me tonight and for anyone that wants to celebrate my regressing age with me! :celebrate

I ended up ordering a pair of safety goggle style glasses for work and a plain pair for home, but I was really unhappy that they didn't have the only pair, that is a style I actually like... in my size. Weren't able to order it either as it is a kid style and my face is too fat. Its baby fat OK! :p Oh yeah, and since I don't have insurance, the glasses cost me as much as my new oven!!!!! :barnie They should be here in 2 weeks. :th

My girlfriend and I did actually share some champagne tonight with a toast to being 22 again, aging well and staying young! She pointed out that for me.... this was basically a normal, average day though! True that!:old

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
My oven was delivered and set up! :weeeBut I cant use it yet.... no water…. Make that, no faucet in the kitchen. My new favorite repair guy just left. And boy was he frustrated! He said "you weren't lying about how difficult that drain was going to be!" :thI don't need to lie.... my truths make for a crazy enough life! :old He is coming back tomorrow. Hopefully we will get it fixed then.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I said a little louder, 'Oh, actually its 42'... He turned to me astonished and did another take and then paused, crossed out the 22 and wrote in 42. "You are the youngest looking 42 year old I have ever seen!"
I TOLD you that you didn't look anywhere near your current age, I think that was a year or two ago.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Drain is cleared, main sewer line is cleared, new kitchen faucet installed to replace the one from a year ago :) but what are you gonna do? it wasn't allowing water through the actual faucet, just the sprayer) and the bath faucet was taken apart, diverter is functioning, and they will call me back with the price for the specialized parts to repair the knobs. 4 hours, and $600 later :thbut the poor guy felt bad about charging so much as he couldn't clear the line with the snake yesterday and almost didn't charge me for his time. I insisted. I did accept a small reduction on his hourly rate, but I meant it when I said that he needed to make money on this job or he wouldn't be willing to come out again... and I NEED him to be willing to come out again!!! He is a good guy with integrity and he is skilled. I would like to have those skills and knowledge available when I need them, so I am willing to pay what I owe. Besides, he was shocked at the prices I was telling him I usually pay one of the big name companies to come out for just average work at a highly overpriced rate. So I still got a better deal. Integrity matters both ways. Even if he knows that jobs at my place are gonna test his patience and skills, knowing that I appreciate his time and effort and I will pay accordingly, hopefully he won't be too irritated when my number pops up on his phone. :old

I can wash dishes now and I can cook!!!! :weee

Last edited:

Latest posts