Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Its not my birthday for a couple weeks, but Im picking up my present this weekend! :weee

Pics shared are the property of Bree Barnickol, Cedar Hawk Ranch and are shared with permission
Kodiak.jpg

received_733486577089704.jpeg

received_421361018516838.jpeg

I'm so excited! I can't wait! I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning to finally get here!

And mom and dad are planning on coming to visit the weekend near my birthday too. Haven't seen them in several months so that will be good! :yesss:

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce
I used the convect setting, so it uses a fan to move the hot air around. I used to bake almost exclusively with the convect feature on the old oven till it broke. Now I gotta relearn it, but basically you use a slightly lower temp and shorter cooking time than with a standard setting. Also, since the door never really closed on the last one, it always took longer because of that too. I generally use lower temps than most folks anyways, for a little bit longer cook time, it is usually a little more forgiving than hotter temps. I may be a bit likely to have my hands or mind busy when I cook, so an extra minute or 2 of leeway is safer for me! I haven't made home made pizza in forever, but it was really good, and nice that it was so fast. I had set the timer for 15 minutes expecting a much longer cook time, but had to check before that because I could smell it already. I may lower the temp a touch next time, like I said, it is a learning curve. I made biscuits for the coworkers today and they were the best I have ever made! Good recipe and an oven that works! :yesss: