Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Its one of my closest friends birthdays today.... We have been friends for 30 years! I know right! How did we get to be friends that long when I am only 21?!?!?! ;) It takes a lot of talent is all I can say! :D Anyways, I am raising a glass tonight to toast a long friendship, one that I couldn't have survived without! K... may you have a wonderful year full of love, peace and lots of chocolate!

Mom sent me a text saying that my little nephew E was telling her about his auntie (that's me) and how she needs to come visit me, including telling her how to get here! I think they enjoyed themselves! :thumbsup

Also, while mom and dad where here, my other nephew was feeding the goats and he got super suspicious when I called his grandma "mom"... That is his dads mom!:old He wasn't too sure about me and his dad being siblings! :hu LOL! He is an only child so he had to think about that one for a minute.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope your friend had a Great Day!!....:celebrate....the grandsons took a bit to comprehend that we used to punish their momma.....then when they got it, they tried using it to get their way....telling their mom that we would make her....:lol:.....they tried, but never got that to work.....:)

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was going to ask the same question!!! Must be that "new math" thing.

Goat Math! ;)

Goat match goes like this.... someone has the audacity to ask how many goats I have and are super confused when I honestly answer with " I have no idea... but if you keep count, I'll name them all one by one!!!!!" :old Ooooorrrrrrrr…. I look out at the pasture, start to count ...1...2...3...4....5.... and then the goats realize I am standing there and might have snacks, so they all form a crazy stampede and since I can't chance counting the same goat more than once because that would be dishonest... I conclude that I must have 5... after all, that is the only number I ever get to before someone moves and I have to start over with the counting game… just like trying to count chicks or goldfish or cats or toddlers.... same-same! :old

Age is like a stray animal…. it just shows up and it wont go away so I guess if a younger number wants to stay, I mean...I'm cool with that! If I like it... I'll keep it! ;)

Those are all my personalized mathing methods these days!!!... You are welcome to copy, borrow or steal them all if you like!! They each have a useful function somewhere, sometime! :lol:

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Look what I bought for niece and nephew... their birthdays are almost here. My mom said they were still telling her about the goats from the last time they visited. And this time they were on their way to Disneyland. When they woke up, their parents were asking them if they were excited to go to Disneyland... and they answered in the affirmative, but they were serious about reminding mom and dad... " But first, Aunties! "

20191004_205450.jpg

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Didn't get much done this weekend... and I had so many plans!! :th

But... to be fair, I did have to fix Beasts pen twice! Big Jerk! Thankfully, he is easy to "catch" (if you can call it that since he is bigger and stronger than me!) I also put up a new 'roof' for him, I threw up 4 2x4s and wired them to the top of the run panels then threw up the old chicken house wall so he has some shelter from the elements.... Not pretty, but mostly functional! He tore down the last one I had up there not too long ago, so I will see how long this lasts. :rolleyes:

And I bought 2x4s to redo the roof on the pen the little boys are using. Didn't get it done yet... I took the ladder out and realized that my favorite Nubians are going to kill me if I try and do it alone. They will knock the ladder out from under me for sure! My ankle still hurts from Fatty knocking my to the ground last week. I was walking out there and he came running too fast to stop, hit my legs just hard enough that I couldn't catch myself. I don't have an actual weight on him yet, but he is a beast for being just 2 and half months old.

Aaaaand I procrastinated banding my 2 boers…. but that turned out OK cause it looks like @babsbag wants the tamer one. I was supposed to do them last weekend, but we were busy, so then I was going to do them yesterday.... then today.... :idunno

I booked an appointment to show Copper Penne, boer doe kid, to a prospective buyer this Wednesday!

Danke Schoen went to her home today, she got to ride loose in the back seat with the little girl! :D =D I pray she makes up for her mama messing up their breeding schedule! :fl

I may or may not have put my name on a deposit for a Nubian doe kid for next years kidding season, from my favorite farm....:hide I plead the fifth so I don't have to incriminate myself and I am hiding my paypal account info!!! :old They no longer have my favorite doe... Kicking myself for not making it happen when she was actually for sale just a couple months ago!!! :he:he:he I was trying to be responsible at that moment in time! Dag nabbit! But I could potentially get one from her dam or half sister.

I am seriously struggling with wanting to keep this second buck from Fancy! OMG! He insists on kisses!!!! :love:thI was struggling with wanting to keep one!!! I. can. not. keep. 2!!!!! :rantDo you hear me?!?! NO!!!! I am not sure I am getting through to myself very well....:th These kids are killing me!! I love them!!! I need to get one of them sold already... but I just collected the hair samples from my adults, they are going to the lab tomorrow to check for G6S and casein. So I should wait to advertise until the tests come back right? (Um sorry about the 2 letters in italics there, seriously... no idea how I did that or how to undo it! :idunno)

And I think I might hold onto Pappardelle and breed her first. She is one that I would have disbudded and kept from the start if I had planned on 'not moving'. She isnt tame and she has horns... not what I want in the herd, but she is a beauty....
Pappardelle and Copper Penne.jpg

I would love to see kids from her and Kodiak!!!

Here is my kid coming straight in for some kisses!
20191006_203912.jpg