Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dusty had 2 trips to the shop this week, but her OBD II (I think that is what its called) the problem reader thingy, is now fixed and the thing with the brakes that made the warning lights come on in the first place, is also fixed. Hopefully she had her fill of flirting with the auto techs, for awhile anyways!

I just got a message about someone wanting to buy a boer buck from me... The only one I have left is the one I was supposed to band a few weeks ago :hide OOPS!! I mean... I did order the bigger bander and bands and they are right over there, on the counter, so I am ready... just didn't get to it yet. I am meeting her on Sunday, so hopefully!! :fl I would love to eat them, but I would really rather sell than have to butcher, so it is all good in the end. Plus, for some reason, most of the companies I have to pay my bills to, really prefer to be paid with money rather than with goat meat! :idunno

G6S tests came back for the Nubians, all N/N= means they are all normal, so that is good. The casein tests said that Beast is A/A, Boysenberry Brie is B/B and Fancy Filly is A/B. To me... all that means is that they will produce high amounts of alpha s1 casein. I believe that if you are allergic, you want lower alpha s1 protein levels as that is one that causes more immune responses in sensitive individuals, but for making cheese products, I believe the higher levels are more desirable. I am not allergic... and I like cheese. Actually.... I LOVE cheese! :D =D so that is good for me. Someday… I will have time to make cheese.... and then I will eat ALL of it! (what can I say, I dream big! LOL!)

Speaking of milk and cheese .... I may or may not have been perusing pedigrees and pics of available Nubian does....:hide I am feeling that 'I need' kind of a feeling. It kind of feels like I am drooling all over my keyboard. o_O Oh wait... I might have! LOL! I am almost sold on a couple.... but I am waiting on one more pic from another person that has a few for sale right now. I already offered to send the fees for one last test on the first couple... :hide Get this.... I am not particularly fond of white. Anything. Because in my life white just means dirty. Always. But I am kind if sorta, smitten with a white one! :idunno Just something about her....

On a side note, a friend posted something about country chic decor always being white on white with white cabinets, white walls, white towels, white whatevers….o_O In real country life, that shtuff would be all brown! And in my house in particular, about fifty shades of dirty.... ;) Real country doesnt handle white very well. I'm just sayin'!!! :old

Speaking of dirt, as I was leaving work tonight, I gleefully exclaimed that Dusty was back! My coworker goes... "That is not your truck! did you get a new one?" :rolleyes: she was serious... NOPE!!! I just washed her!!!! :gig

This... people... this is my life... and its a durn good one, dirt and all! :plbb

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Many of my animals only jobs are to make me happy.... and my mascots fall into that useful category! :D =D

All the reason that "I" need to keep anything. :lol:

for some reason, most of the companies I have to pay my bills to, really prefer to be paid with money rather than with goat meat! :idunno

Really? It must be catching because mine don't want goat milk or cheese either! Don't understand why because it is so, so good. IF they would reconsider, I could quit going to work!!!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not particularly fond of white. Anything. Because in my life white just means dirty. Always. But I am kind if sorta, smitten with a white one! :idunno
I totally understand and agree, especially because I live in mud country. So, what did I do? Bought myself a Kiko buck to go over my Nubian gals and now I have a field full of white goats. Hard to tell apart too. But, I devised a plan...do a lousy job of disbudding on a couple of 'em and you can tell 'em apart by the scurs. :rolleyes:

HomeOnTheRange

Golden Herd Lurker
Reaction score
buy a boer buck from me... The only one I have left is the one I was supposed to band a few weeks ago :hide OOPS!! I mean... I did order the bigger bander and bands and they are right over there, on the counter, so I am ready... just didn't get to it yet. I am meeting her on Sunday, so hopefully!! :fl I would love to eat them,
So I was reading through the post and it started out with a Boar buck. I have a mental picture of that since I own Boar goats. Then the post went into banding, so the mental images come to mind of what that entails and the items getting banded. I then get to the sentence and only make it to the comma, I will leave the rest to your imagination of what my warped mind put together....:hide

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Plus, for some reason, most of the companies I have to pay my bills to, really prefer to be paid with money rather than with goat meat! :idunno
What's up with that?? Livestock and other foods USED to be barter for bills stuff.

It kind of feels like I am drooling all over my keyboard. o_O Oh wait... I might have!
Maybe you were on your phone in Dusty and drooled, that is why the ODBC connection went bad.

Real country doesnt handle white very well. I'm just sayin'!!!
That is why my White Rocks are always some shade of brown. I guess they must be swallowing it too because the eggs are brown ;)

Hard to tell apart too. But, I devised a plan...do a lousy job of disbudding on a couple of 'em and you can tell 'em apart by the scurs. :rolleyes:
:gig
Good planning!

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe you were on your phone in Dusty and drooled, that is why the ODBC connection went bad.

Could be! :D =D Could also have been all the boy goat fumes stinking up the air and shorting things out! :old

I don't think I am ever going to smell normal again. ever. ever ever. ever infinity. :thLOL! I was doing buck maintenance today … could you tell (smell :sick)?

We got a new roof put on the house for the boer bucksters (Kodiak, Kandys kid and Blueberries kid) are currently using. I had to turn the plastic roof panels the other way so they wouldn't sag... but whatever. Its a shelter and it works.

And then we put the metal shelter back together... Boers are hard on my stuff I tell you! They had knocked the roof off completely, then pushed the side and back panels down until the whole house was flat on the ground. :th

Hey so, you are never gonna guess how good I was today! :clapI sent a deposit on 1 goat today. Just 1! See I was good! I NEEDED both of them but I didn't do it. Probably only because I am already going to be getting another one from the same breeder next year,:hide but still!!!!

I am still possibly sold on the white one though, I did send a payment to cover the last blood test I want on her, but I am pretty sure I am gonna be getting her too... just something about her. :old

We did maintenance on Voodoo Dolly and since we had her in hand, we sent her on a date with Beautiful Beast. Voodoo is one that will jump over you if you corner her... :rolleyes:she is on the wild side with some flying kicks up her sleeves and she knows a little black magic! (She is partially blind in one eye which doesn't help.) I couldn't tell if the date was successful, but she seemed willing. :fl

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
She's probably like that BECAUSE she is partially blind, things "sneak up" on her. As someone who for decades had vision in only one eye at a time, something suddenly coming up on the "blind" side was always cause for alarm.

I don't think I am ever going to smell normal again. ever. ever ever. ever infinity. :thLOL! I was doing buck maintenance today … could you tell (smell :sick)?
Perhaps that IS your normal smell (at least now).

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have to say that I am being teased by the same Nubian "needs" you are @ragdollcatlady. You see, I have a registered Nub buck & a Saanen....(next year Boers will be added, does & buck)...plus I have Saanen, Nubian & SXN does. ADD -- I love moonspots. :th Soooo, when a farm only 40 miles from me offered their registered, Anglo-Nub bucks for breeding, I was excited. Busy week, so saved info fm CL to contact later....and I think all my does are bred. Then, I see these drop-dead gorgeous does for sale. :ep Same farm.

They are moving, so downsizing a few. I am desperate. :lol: The $600 just dropped on my truck, another $350. working...not the time to BUY anything. $$ tight. Being so, so good. But, if I can work out a d/p and hold 2 weeks....:cool: may happen. Waiting to get reply for distance & when he's moving.....then, may not need to buy until Spring kidding. :idunno

Don't ya just HATE such decisions? :lol::lol::lol::old Hard.

Latest posts