Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got a new heeler on my Northern adventure! :lol: She is on my heels better than any dog!

4649_dsc05012.jpg

4649_dsc05027.jpg

4649_dsc05022.jpg

4649_dsc05030.jpg

My trip went really well. My DD learned to milk for me the week before so I could stay a little longer, but I still couldn't get the night off work so I went up the night before.

I took Nessie and Teddy and dropped in to see grandma as soon as I got to San Jose. She let Nessie swim in her pond! Nessie was so excited! Teddy walked all around the edge of the pond, following Nessie and eating bugs and whatnot on the way. Grandma made us fruit smoothies, then we spent a few hours visiting while she watered her yard and we kept an eye on Nessie and Teddy while they were eating and exploring.

I got to moms around 6:30 and my dad was upset that I didn't have a cell phone as I was traveling alone, so he took me down and hooked me up with a new one. I have a number that my grandma and family can call that will not be long distance for them and with family share, we can talk for cheap.

Mom and dad also hooked me up with sweetlix minerals. I have a hard time getting them down here so I let them know I needed to pick some up before I came home. They bought me 4 bags! I did finally get the feed store a town over, to agree to order them if I get him the numbers (product ID) that I need. Now I will have the numbers so hopefully I can get ahold of them easier.

Three of my brothers and sister in law came by to visit since I was just there for a few hours. I think they are hilarious...I always have a good time hanging out with my siblings.

Grandma wanted to leave at 5 in the morning and my aunt was able to come too! We got started OK but I got a migraine and carsick within about 10 minutes of leaving so mom ended up driving the whole way up! We stopped in Fairfield and dropped the birds off to their new owners, then made it up to Oroville in a few more hours. We were there just before 10 I think. Between stopping to switch drivers, drop off the baby birds and stretch our legs, we made pretty decent time.

Grandma K was sooo happy to see us! I haven't seen her in several years so it was really great to get to visit. We had a few other family members stop by to visit while we were there too. I love having a family that is happy to have you drop in anytime you can! We were able to visit for about 3 hours.

While we were there I had a delivery of my new baby goat! Thanks Barbara! I think my grandma was even more excited than I was and I was/am pretty excited! She offered to hold her on the way home cause she was crying. My poor aunt would doze off and then I would drive over a bump or something and wake up the baby. She would end up crying right in my aunts ear! It is a good thing we are all true animal lovers! Everyone just felt bad that she was scared. Grandma was disappointed that I only got one! :lol:

We made it back in about 4 hours with a starbucks and a gas detour, so again, good time. When we dropped off grandma and my aunt, grandma asked if I needed gas money. I thanked her, but she had just filled my tank and it was still full so I was fine. So then she asked if I needed more goat money!:lol: I laughed out load and said sure, but save it til I come again...it will be a good excuse to come visit! Before we left grandma Ks she had also insisted that I should buy another goat soon so I can combine trips and stop in again! :D I know y'all think I was joking about the blaming my family for enabling my addiction, but they really are wonderfully helpful in this department!!! LOL I couldn't ask for a better family! :love

I stopped in at my DH favorite little villa for his number one favorite meal from there Raviolis. They have really good raviolis...for $53 dollars they better be!!!! :th That was for 4 quarts! Talk about an expensive bribe! (But my DD confessed to me that my home made raviolis are actually better!!! yeah for that!)

Maybe I should name my new baby Ravioli! :lol:

When I ran to buy the raviolis, mom and dad babysat for me and let my new baby run around a bit. This little girl loved my dad! :love He sure liked her too. I grabbed a few bites of KFC and then hit the road again.

I made it home OK but that last half hour was rough. I was getting tired. I got home with just enough time to shower, tuck my new baby in and take a half hour nap before work...

It was a great trip. I got to visit and had a good time.

And now I have a cute new baby too! She took the bottle for me really well so that is good. She is 7 weeks old. My twins think she is pretty neat.

Mission Northern Adventure was a success...one more night of work and then I am going to sleep for 2 days straight.....:th
Ok, so I admit, I started at the beginning of your journal and am reading through it. But I am really glad I did, because I love, Love, LOVE this post!! I love my family more than anything, and I think it’s so awesome that you have such a great family, too. :love
Ok, back to my stalking and lurking now. :hide:lol:

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh dear, I just read the next post and it is so sad. I know it was a long time ago, but still. I’m sorry for your poor little doggie. :hit

I guess I’m a little more sad than I need to be over a 4 year old post, because this week we lost our 12 1/2 year old cat to a coyote. :hit Anyway, when you lose an old dog, you still always have your memories of them. One of my best dogs ever has been gone for almost 11years now. Of course, we will never forget them, will we?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh dear, I just read the next post and it is so sad. I know it was a long time ago, but still. I’m sorry for your poor little doggie. :hit

I guess I’m a little more sad than I need to be over a 4 year old post, because this week we lost our 12 1/2 year old cat to a coyote. :hit Anyway, when you lose an old dog, you still always have your memories of them. One of my best dogs ever has been gone for almost 11years now. Of course, we will never forget them, will we?
I am so sorry that you lost your cat. 12 1/2 is a long life for a cat, but to a coyote, puts a whole 'nother level of grief to it. So sorry.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for following, I hope you enjoy the life and adventures of me.... I admit, I dont always enjoy my own life.... never was one to desire adventures of any kind, unless it involves the goat acquisition kind of adventures! For those... I am all in!

@Finnie , Sorry about the loss of your kitty. If you keep reading, you will see I lose more of my old friends, but I gave them a good life and they give me so much in return. I am afraid I havent been on here much lately. I will try to hop on and update soon.... just been busy with life being life.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been gone awhile... just busy, got a few stories to share.... where to start?

How about another embarrassing one? Those are usually good right?

K, so Dusty Roads (my mostly trusty, 20 year old Dodge Durango) was acting up and needed to see the doc. Great news is that my shop from the town over has now joined forces and is under a new owner, and is newly relocated to my town.

Drop her off, she is ready the next day and I stop in to pay. Grab the keys and I hop in to head home.... only to find a dirty, used mans hightop shoe on the floor of the passenger side. Not mine. Dusty is her usual dirty on the outside and dusty with woodchips, alfalfa bits on the inside.... a bath rug that I use for Karma so her feet dont fall through between the cracks... a half bottle of antifreeze on the back floorboards, adn a couple other things too, I mean kinda cluttery but.... now there is a strangers shoe, just sitting there taunting me! Do I go inside and 'return' it , let them know it isnt mine???? No. Definitely not. Most likely, they found it just on the ground outside and assumed it fell out of my truck because of the other above mentioned cluttery things hanging out in there. I am way too embarrassed to take it in there. Soooo.... it ended up staying there for like a week. I swore I wasnt going to tell anyone because it was SO embarrassing...... I immediately told my coworkers, my BFF and now, Y'all. Everyone needs a good solid laugh right about now anyways!

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, I currently have 3 kittens in my care.

The first one, Scribbles, I accidentally caught in a trap I set for the evil feral toms that attack Ladybug (my resident rodent hunting cat).

The next one was brought into my job by a coworker on her day off. Her dog was going nuts jumping at something caught in her fence, between the boards. It was a fluffy little black kitten caught by his back leg, with his front leg wedged above, in the same gap, from his attempt to get loose. She suspected he was caught there for several hours, possibly overnight. She broke the fence to get him loose, threw him in a shopping bag and ran him in to get checked out. Her dogs are not cat friendly.... I told her that I could tend him for a few days and once he was patched up we could see about rehoming him as I already had one that I was trying to rehome, what is one more?... But after about 24 hours, his foot started to swell and the damage was clearly all the way around the circumference of his leg so gangrene started to set in. Got him on antibiotics and did the amputation the following Monday. Woody Fencent (also known as Plank) is all healed up and getting around just fine.

And the last one... this one just hit my heart. OtterPop came in frozen. My manager came rushing back and handed him off to me, running back to get the info she needed and permission for his care. A young lady that was working on a construction site in our area found 3 of them, the first one died, the next was fine, this one was dying. It took me 2 hours to get him up to 90.8 degrees, finally warm enough for my thermometer to read. Still too low to be out of the woods, though. I was holding off his jugular after a blood draw and I could feel his blood, ice cold faintly pulsing below my finger. The blood vessels in his eyes were strangely prominent, he was barely breathing, heart rate was irregular and faint,..... He cried weakly every so often. He finally came around, sat up and I got him to eat a little bit. By then I was a few hours in and my heart was stuck. I put a sticky note on his care sheet that said "I called DIBS, just in case". I saw that they had tried to get hold of the person that brought him in to give her an update, but she hadnt answered the call. She did come for him and paid the bill, but after talking with my manager, they came back to tell me that she was planning on calling animal control, she was staying a hotel here on a job, nowhere to keep the kittens. Nopity, nope, nope. I took him (I had already named him OtterPop and was head over heels in love with him) and a coworker took the brother to foster for now. So now I am the proud mother of a 4 week old, toddler kitten. He is so stinkin cute! He wants to play with the big kids, Scribbles and Plank, but they are so much bigger than he is. I have gotten up to feed him in the middle of the night a few times, to be sure he is warm enough, eats enough, etc. His purr box started up about 24 hours after I brought him home. Glad that isnt broken! I prefer cats with healthy motors!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
And these waifs that came into your life, needing care and love, will give you so much in return!