Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I almost ran for the camera but it was crazy dark so it wouldn't have shot good pics....plus it would have been super blurry! Maybe if he does it during the day... but he rarely gets up there. Maybe he turns into a party animal after dark.....hmmm.....

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
That's SO cool! Evil and I were invited to help our 4H group leader present critters (Chickens and bunnies) to a local school at their fair. The kids LOVED being "hands on" with the animals and our girls loved doing all the 'educating'...if you want to call it that!

I think the LOOOOOOONG duck eggs are coming from one of the khaki campbell ducks...new layers. In fact...MOST of my birds are first time layers (this year)...so it's kinda neat. These were my first goose eggs (that I've ever seen....) and I was AMAZED by them. I've already cooked with several...REALLY COOL! I like the duck eggs....but I think kids really like the kind of props they can TOUCH and handle. I used to work on a boat - we'd take intermediate/high school aged kids (I was in HS) out to sea for an afternoon and educate them on different "stations": water chemistry, benthos (bottom dwellers), navigation, etc. It was SO cool...and every group was different. But they ALL loved the hands-on stuff.

Sorry about Bambi. Hopefully you'll be able to get another nubian. (I have three...LOVE them!) If you were closer I could recommend the person we got two of ours from (registered and not very expensive)...he's AWESOME!

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just saw Despereaux run past me for the second time today with a different gopher than last time!... I LOVE that cat!!!! :love He is worth so much more than my million dollar Ragdolls! Did I mention that all his canines are broken? I don't know how he still catches them!

I think we still have some time before kids...I would love to have some tomorrow though, being Valentines and all...... :fl

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well your ragdolls are being the spoilt felines they were bred for being! You must have a LOT of gophers! We had a groundhog...I"m thinking something got her cause I haven't seen her since last spring....I wanna say either something got her...OR the guineas chased her off. Either way...I haven't seen her in a while. My outdoor cats are worthless (as I"ve mentioned before)! That's awesome your cat is so good at getting those gophers!

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I loved all your cat stories. We need a barn cat for sure to get rid of all the rats!

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
For valentines day, I made my family Cherry raviolis....Really just turnovers that are made in the ravioli mold...with cherry pie filling inside and some of the sauce drizzled over the top....They rated an "Awesome" and a "Great!"

4649_dsc04357.jpg

I also saw my best friend that I have hardly seen for the last year.....It is so great to have friends that you can just pick up where you left off and know that they don't feel too neglected when life happens. We have been friends for 10 years and I am glad that I should have more time available to spend with her again.

Ok... I need some prayers....I am really nervous. I have a job interview next week with animal control. I have the back ground/training/ experience, but a lot of it was from 10 years ago. Wish me luck!

Coco... I have only seen groundhogs up close at the zoos, but they were cute! They look like giant gophers. Despereaux would think it it was thanksgiving :D !

Bridge...I would send you some of mine, but the ragdolls are all afraid of rats (pet rats on the bed send them into cardiac arrest)...and 3 of the 4 out door cats are broken and/or retarded...They follow Despereaux and try and share his spoils....and the kids cats are just too lazy! All they do is keep everyone tucked in at night...OK the rags do keep my hubby tucked in pretty good too.....He can't get out of bed with out dumping several off the bed first and shoving Rainey off his head :lol: Nope! Not qualified for any other kind of work.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry Shelly May...I think I ate yours! :p

But I have a feeling we will be making these again soon! They were yummy!

So no goat babies yet...but poor Reese's skin is so tight, I think she might just pop like a piece of popcorn! Any day now!