Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, Ok, I gotta tell you....

Day started dropping of Blueberrys buck kid, so yes.... I stink. But she loves him and I am sooo happy he got to go to a good home! :)

I had DS3 help me do maintenance on 5 boer does, blisters formed and popped on my hands within the first couple. We also notched Delilahs horns and put the bands on. Hopefully they will come off before next summer. She had gotten trapped in the fence this last year because her kid went through the fence and she was trying to get him back. I had to cut the fence and counted my blessings that she was fine and it wasn't a really hot day... but I have been worried since.

I threatened to take Voodoo away from Beast tonight because he was being a jerk about sharing food! Oh No You Didn't!!! We share food in this family! I don't work this hard to feed your face so you can be rude to your date! :somad

I had patience today that I really didn't want to have. I had a contact that wanted to buy a few hens from me. It has been several weeks, but he was unable to come out after work and he was a no call no show to our appointment last week. He sent an apology text, he had an opportunity to take the grandkids to the fair and he had just forgotten to message me to let me know. I used to live for taking the kids to the fairs, so I am not irritated about the reason, but it is starting to seem like a real waste of my time for $10 dollar chickens. (Juveniles are 10, once I separate boys from girls, the price for laying hens increases to 20....but it has been so long since he initially answered my add, that they are older now, but I feel bad asking for more, so 10 each it is.) So I decided to be compassionate, these were supposed to be a birthday gift from his sister, she is disabled and unable to get around easily, but since she was buying them, he wanted her to come.... Ok, so they get here, he and I go back and pick out the hens he wants. I come out of the pen and he has both of my spotted Nubian boys with front hooves on the carrier, getting all the attention they could want, so stinkin adorable! He asked if it would be possible to bring one out to see sister. I take Kissyface and we go say hi. She holds him for no less than half and hour, we talk, he gives kisses. I slowed down for a minute and was grateful that I could share a few minutes of my passion with a couple of people that clearly really love animals too. I was so grateful, that I told my kid, the money from the chickens was a little bonus, thanks from heaven for slowing down enough to be nice to others for a few minutes, so we were going to pass on the kindness. We bought pizzas and went to share with our neighbors. As we pulled into their drive, food in hand, I get a message saying that my doe is coming into heat, if I would like her bred, they are happy to do that for me for a nominal fee!! YES!!!:yesss: Talk about a good day!!!

Oh and get this, earlier, while talking to the folks buying the hens, Sister asks me my age and is shocked, saying that she was going to guess 23!!! LOL! It is official guys!! I am the same age as my kids! :bunnyRaw goats milk, farm fresh eggs and goat stench cologne with healthy doses of coffee, wine, cats and plenty of goats.... those are my secrets for staying young!!! Lets bottle them up and make a fortune! :old

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmmmm…….goat's milk, buck pee, raw eggs, coffee, wine, cat pee, blended into a cream and applied generously ought to do it. We could add lanolin to the mix to make it a cream. Good for wrinkles, crows feet, makes one look years younger....might need to add a fragrance, I vote for gardenia. I love gardenias.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You'd dang sure look years younger because no one would get close enough to ya to see the wrinkles, lol! :lol:
I said to add fragrance!! :lol: Women use Premarin which is a hormone for menopause and that is PREgnant MARe urINe. So if pregnant mare urine is marketed for hot flashes, then why not buck and cat pee for wrinkles, it's all natural! no animals were harmed in making Goat's Milk Gardenia face cream. :lol:

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
You'd dang sure look years younger because no one would get close enough to ya to see the wrinkles, lol! :lol:

That is probably it!!! :lol:

Ooooorrr…. the fumes are so strong they create a mirage.... all they think they see is me by a body of shimmery water.... in a bikini.... singing like a siren! Then they would be so distracted, they don't even think about age!!:gig

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sister asks me my age and is shocked, saying that she was going to guess 23!!! LOL! It is official guys!! I am the same age as my kids! :bunnyRaw goats milk, farm fresh eggs and goat stench cologne with healthy doses of coffee, wine, cats and plenty of goats.... those are my secrets for staying young!!! Lets bottle them up and make a fortune! :old
Then you can buy as many goats as you want.

I hope your boys got your "youthful looks" genes or soon people will think you are their sister or date and after a time will ask about their daughter :) That could prove useful, when you are out they will have to pick up the check.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Then you can buy as many goats as you want.

Yes sir!!! I am currently attempting to do just that! :D =D

I hope your boys got your "youthful looks" genes or soon people will think you are their sister or date and after a time will ask about their daughter :) That could prove useful, when you are out they will have to pick up the check.

Soooo …. Actually .... about 2 years ago, my kid was working at a fast food place. I would stop in from time to time, give him a ride, or grab a bite. Once we went in to eat together, his treat (I am teaching my kids to treat me well! ;)) and his coworkers thought I was his date!