Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
She figures whatever is good for the Doodles is good for the Karma :D But it's going to be a tight fit in time.

I've got a cat on the arm of the couch right now!
DSCN1961.JPG

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Karma plowed Skye off the arm of the couch this morning. I know she didn't mean to hurt him, but he did fly pretty hard, so her scolding was pretty hard. I know she was just excited to see him. She likes my 3 dog friendly cats. She is definitely a TigerBear pup though.

She is generally pretty good about chewing on her toys (over trying to eat my furniture) and once Doodles gets going, they race and run around pretty good together. Doodles isn't quite up to playing rough first thing in the morning, so we are working out our schedule still. Karma is doing really well with our feeding the animals routine.

One thing she is doing by herself, is ringing the bell on the back door. I put a strap with bells there around Christmas and they jingle every time you open the door. 3 times already, she has approached them, touched the door with her nose, and reached up with a paw to purposely ring the bottom bell, asking to go out. I am thrilled, I hope she uses this to continue to let me know when she needs to go out. If only all my dogs did that!

We have been next door to the neighbors a few times, and the first 2 times, I carried her, I felt her temp immediately go up. She was fine, but a smidge nervous at first. Last night, we walked in, right into the pack of 4 out of 5 of their dogs, everyone was respectful, sniffs, small tail wags, then Karma and I went to our chairs and hung out for a few hours. Everyone that meets her, wants to keep her! Even my non-animal BFF was super impressed. I am going to have to get a guard dog to protect my livestock guardian from my friends and family!!!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
If only all my dogs did that!
Maybe she will teach them :D DW and DD1's cats go out on the enclosed porch through a window obviously left closed in the fall/winter/spring due to our temperatures. DD1's cat (the one on the couch arm) will paw/scratch at the glass to let us know when he wants to come back in. It is loud enough to be a repetitious knock. DW's cat just doesn't get it. She'll sit at the window using her near silent meow which is, of course, not real helpful. Eventually we do notice she is sitting there.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Me n my kid

Kid: Soooo, I see you have uh, sardines in your truck now?!?!

Me: Yeah, check it out! They fit perfectly in the sardine holder! Who knew my truck came with a custom sardine holder?!?! How cool is that?

Kid: Uh, yeah. IN-TER-ESTING! (said like my little nephew when what he really means is "weird"... :rolleyes:) :gig

But really... check it out! (Please excuse the dirt.... I kind of live on a farm!)
20200301_235346.jpg

Karma came to town today for car ride and people exposure. We visited with a coworker for kids exposure. 2 times, she voluntarily got into the truck. Progress. She also wore Beaux Jangles backpack, just to see if she would do Ok with it. She didn't seem to care.

Tonight she sassed me for the first time. We had a "discussion" about that. I am afraid I dont handle sassing very well from anyone, of any species.

Just now, she tried to fly across the space between the couch and my chair. Doodles on my lap was her target. I shoved Karma down mid flight. Its a good thing puppies are made out of rubber. o_O

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Karma is doing good with learning our regular routines, on a lead with me while doing animal chores. Her latest thing is to go into the huge crate with Beaux and Doodles and sit so she gets a treat with them, then she comes out to go to her crate and sits for another treat! She can use the extra snacks and I just think its cute! She curled up in Berts bed (dachshund cousin that is visiting next door)… She doesnt exactly fit!
20200308_215423.jpg

And my girls did this....
20200308_114413.jpg

I swear there is not a speck of dirt left outside... on the whole farm!!! I know because I had to sweep it all up in my kitchen!!! Even the little stuffed goat toy that never left the house was covered in so much dirt you would have believed he rolled in the mud puddle with them!