Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
No I didn't have triple A. I do now... I haven't needed a tow in a bit. Since I am in charge of my own vehicle maintenance and upkeep, I have way less issues... I know it seems like I still have her in the shop fairly often, (she is 20 years old) but I have the ability to stop what I am doing and fix things right away rather than be forced to keep driving once I have determined something is wrong, or having to wait until someone else feels like it is time to fix the issue. I used to need several tows a year. Now, I also consider the 'upsell'... if they are suggesting things I really do need, I will have it done at the same time or get her back to them to fix before I have issues with things the mechanics are identifying and letting me know about. I had her maintenance done a month or so ago, just before my last trip. I think that this issue might have been going on for a bit, but wasn't sure. Guess it will get fixed now.

In other news, I was kind of tired after the adventures yesterday so I only did one thing, but that thing turned out really nice. I painted and attached my new headboard! Yeah! I haven't had one for 13 years. This one was $75 at a consignment shop. Brown with a dark colored cast iron metal insert. I debated painting the iron black, but I am trying out this way to see how I like it first. I think the 'unfinished' color on the iron makes it look a little bit older. I happened to have primer and 3 cans of creme colored paint left over from other projects. I love how it turned out. And if I get tired of the creme, I can always swithch it up to black.

View attachment 75423

View attachment 75422
Pretty with the contrast and your spread and pillows.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you.

I am so excited to finally have a finished bedroom. It might be hard to tell, the color on my computer screen seems to have mutted both the wall color and the colors in the bedding. The wall is a really pale pink and the bedding is mostly a cream background with rich green, deep dusty blue and a mauve/pink with deep red in the roses, white lace and ruffles on the edges of the pillows, top and bottom of the duvet. I am thrilled with how pretty it turned out. I have been looking for a headboard that was reasonably priced and something that I actually liked for a couple years.

Now I am thinking about whether or not I should paint the dog bed (though the current color red does match the roses in the bedding) and my nightstand.

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
No I didn't have triple A. I do now... I haven't needed a tow in a bit. Since I am in charge of my own vehicle maintenance and upkeep, I have way less issues... I know it seems like I still have her in the shop fairly often, (she is 20 years old) but I have the ability to stop what I am doing and fix things right away rather than be forced to keep driving once I have determined something is wrong, or having to wait until someone else feels like it is time to fix the issue. I used to need several tows a year. Now, I also consider the 'upsell'... if they are suggesting things I really do need, I will have it done at the same time or get her back to them to fix before I have issues with things the mechanics are identifying and letting me know about. I had her maintenance done a month or so ago, just before my last trip. I think that this issue might have been going on for a bit, but wasn't sure. Guess it will get fixed now.

In other news, I was kind of tired after the adventures yesterday so I only did one thing, but that thing turned out really nice. I painted and attached my new headboard! Yeah! I haven't had one for 13 years. This one was $75 at a consignment shop. Brown with a dark colored cast iron metal insert. I debated painting the iron black, but I am trying out this way to see how I like it first. I think the 'unfinished' color on the iron makes it look a little bit older. I happened to have primer and 3 cans of creme colored paint left over from other projects. I love how it turned out. And if I get tired of the creme, I can always swithch it up to black.

View attachment 75423

View attachment 75422
Beautiful! I'm sleeping over! 😜🤣🤠
All jokes aside that looks great. I actually need to have my bed frame redone too. My husband procrastinating for 6 years isn't good either..😳

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Soooo... I had a day yesterday. My truck was almost done, but still in the shop and while I was at work I got the "hey mom, Im ok but... " call. My kid was on his bike riding home from work when he was clipped by a truck and trailer. I borrowed a coworkers car and took him to the ER to get checked out. He is Ok. His bike not so much.

tire casualty.jpg

And then after that, I had an issue with the booby beetles. Anyone else have these stupid bugs ? I have no idea what they are really called, but they are tiny flying beetles that fly at my headlamp when I feed late at night. They hit my glasses and fall down my shirt. They end up between my boobs and bra, and then they proceed to bite me. They are probably just pinching, but either way it really hurts!!! And it is crazy annoying because I cant get them out of my bra to kill the little suckers until I take it all the way off cause they have waaaayyy to much room to hide and get away from me due the size of said bra.

And does anyone else have stupid midnight flies get into their paint while painting outside at 10 oclock at night ? No??? Hmmmmm. Is it just me? Or does noone else actually paint stuff outside at ungodly hours? I was painting a little old firepit, turning it into a pause table for Doodles to practice agility on. I was trying to make it look like a mushroom.... I suppose it looks ,more like a plain cartoon face wearing a flat pink polka dotted hat... but I tried.

doodles table.jpg

Here is the dog bed that I am debating on painting. I does match the red in the bedding... but the red is a pretty strong statement for the rest of the room.
dog bed with skye.jpg

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks, I am beyond grateful that my kid is OK. He was apologizing for making my day harder when we were driving to the ER, an hour away. I don't care about a hard day, or how scared I was for the few minutes before I saw with my own eyes, that he really was OK, I just care that he is alright. I will always be grateful for the "Im Ok but...." calls because it means my people are aware and lucid enough to at least think they are alright.

My kid had his helmet on and his backpack was full of his work clothes, both those hit the ground first and cushioned his fall. His ankle is pretty sore and he has road rash on his back. No broken bones and just a lot of rest and NSAIDs as needed are recommended. I called my grandma to let her know and told her that her prayers to keep us safe means that the angels are always watching over us. I feel the protection all the time and see it in my daily life. I asked her about some family members going through some rough times and I mentioned that I need to share some of the blessings I am given.

I got a new thing I am super excited about... I will try and get a pic if the flash works in the dark. Otherwise I will try and get one tomorrow.....

Oh and another question.... anyone else ever have the gross experience of essentially being a human evaporative cooler???? I was trying to grab a short nap, and I finally got 2 of the dogs to settle down near me. Karma walked up to me and swiped her giant tongue across my forehead. As I was gagging, trying to find something to wipe the slobber off my face, the fan swung in my direction and I realized it was actually quite cooling.... then I went back to gagging and wiped my face off on my shirt since it was the only thing within reach.... totally gross. :sick

Just me and my life. Seriously!!!

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Custom designed just for me....
goat feeder.jpg

Its a fenceline feeder for my goats! I am so excited! I probably need about 3 more... but I get to try it out tomorrow. I got it installed in the part of the fence that needed to be cut out due to rusting through the cattle panel.

And he gave me this as a gift.....

goat xing.jpg

It has a Nubian!!! And it is real metal. He had it for over 30 years but cut it off his gate for me. Thanks Bill!!!!