Ragdollcatlady's Just a Little Patch of Weeds Farm journal

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
You sure you didn't use it as a 5' target instead of a 50'? ;)
Oh no... I was totally right on top of the target... It was 3 yards. This was the 'afraid to touch a firearm, never been around them, no idea what any of the parts are even called' class. LOL!!! I am still proud though cause I was afraid to touch it before the class, now I have safety basics and some of the parts down. I didnt hurt anyone and I am still welcome to come back to the store.... so all in all, a great day. I emailed the owner asking to schedule the 1 on 1 for extra help and then the skill builder class will be after that and that is when they will give me the 5 and 7 yard practices.

I was so excited that I picked up some bubbly!!! Celebrating self improvement and investing in myself. Feels grrreat!:bunny

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I sent my ex the same results....
Inked A target_LI.jpg

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am really really sad right now. I just sold the last 6 of my boer herd. Even Delilah my first doe held back, my favorite solid black JagerMonster, and my sweetest buck, Kodiak.

The last few have been crazy, hectic, rough weeks at work as well. We just moved into our brand new building and last week was our first full week. Of course we had a few hiccoughs, nothing too crazy but I'm getting new dental x ray machine since the old one refused to turn on.

Karma is in minor exile (after a serious chewing out that cost me my voice) for putting her mouth on my nubian Cherry Chevre and leaving marks. She is relegated to her training chain and only the contact necessary to keep her working.

I had to have the giant old bull pine "big ugly" removed from my streetside after dealing with ATTs most incompetent over the course of several weeks and so many hours of my life down the drain. Finally after eventually getting 2 phone operators, 1 technician and 1 manager that actually knew their stuff, the issue was resolved and incredibly fast at that. My tree had their wires literally tied into her so all the tree peeps refused to touch her until they were out. She required a crane and some other big equipment. Now I am out almost $5000 that I didnt really have to begin with, but she was damaged in the last wind storm and had a huge branch with hundreds of pounds hanging by a thread. Soooo, major stress to pay the bill, but a relief that noone will be hurt and no more liability for damage she might have caused.

My mom was diagnosed with melanoma and the possibility of another type of cancer near her eye so theres that. She has a few appointments coming up soon to address those issues.

My uncle was found dead in a park 2 weeks ago. My poor Grandma Kathy is just beside herself as he was her only biological kid.

One day, one of our clients was having some pretty serious issues so we ended up having to contact her family and friends and stayed after hours to ensure she had a safe way home. She was cracking jokes while we waited and she ended up identifying one of our construction guys by his arse... I am not even joking folks. I couldnt make up this stuff if I tried. She asked one of our girls as he walked by "who is that?" and she said, "Oh its just one of our construction guys...." Customer then shouted out his name swearing up and down that she would know that arse anywhere.... LOL!! Sure enough, he turned around and her ID was accurate. Apparently she used to sit behind home plate when he umpired for softball!!!

OtterPop has essentially created his own private cat door by destroying the plastic accordion that surrounds the window AC...... and then he did the same to the cardboard that I replaced that with. Little jerkface. Good thing I love him.

Someone peed on the brand new bath mat I bought and I couldnt get the smell out so i had to throw it away.

My BFF is in quarantine due to exposure to someone that tested positive so I cant even unload my feelings and process half of this stuff with one of my favorite humans yet.

So Im just over here, missing my goats, my shade, my mom (she is fine, one of her appointments is tomorrow) and trying to just keep calm and keep on keeping on.... My kid did offer to buy me a weeping willow tree as compensation for the loss of my shade master so that was sweet. Oh and my boss let me have the old unbalanced metal stool while we were moving so Im sitting on that right now, trying not to slide off it while typing. I still like it... but I need to try and find some new feet for it.

So that is my current state of crazy....

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Your boss is SO generous, giving you a stool that would be thrown out as a safety hazard. Is your leg up to balancing on that thing?
So yeah, Im good to balance... but I actually broke off one foot from the stool while trying to remove it to replace it, so Im just making do without those. But my feet are OK.

Thanks @Mini Horses , Me too. It is hard to go out and only have some of my herd, but I love the ones I kept.

I got bit by a dog (right on my last pinky finger joint), and I could see my bone and tendon.... had surgery.... only to have my driver side truck window get stuck down in the middle of a crazy dirt storm with 44 MPH winds as I drove an hour home after the surgery ..... and that is all within 6 hours.

Last week I had another rough 6 hour span... I came home after work and set about getting my sourdough starter ready as I promised Garlic Bombs to the coworkers. Son comes in and needs a ride to town to get work pants. It is tule fog out still so I turn off everything, get him his stuff, grab dinner in town. Get home around 10pm, Force of nature runs out the front door as I come in. Fine. I figure she can play outside in the damp cold until bedtime. Almost midnight, I get ready for bed, call her, but nothing. Try again 10 minutes later. 15 minutes after I get into bed, I hear her crying. Outside I am traipsing through the weeds (feet wet cause crocks have holes) to see if she is under the house... Nope. I hear her in the attic space and she is crying, cant seem to figure out how to get out. The access to the attic space is over the garage. You climb onto the garage roof and reach the back of the house that way. But I only have a 6 foot ladder, so too short to safely get up there not to mention it is soggy wet, freezing and of course dark out there. Also the kid is at work until morning so there is noone to call for an ambulance when I break another bone falling off the roof, trying to save the dumb kitten. I figure she can have a few hours to figure it out herself.... 2:44 in the morning, apparently she cant figure it out, she seems to be in even more distress so I get my 6 foot ladder and take apart the AC intake vent that is in my hallway. I get her out safely, end up with a very sharp metal piercing nail stabbing a hole in my hand, then of course I had to shower and vacuum up insulation in the middle of the night cause... dumb kittens...

Have I mentioned that cats are arseholes??? Because she did it again 2 days later, only this time I took apart a kitchen vent thinking it would be easier and hopefully no more holes in my hand. Turns out she was stuck under the house instead. And the vent that I took out??? well apparently the only thing holding it up to the ceiling was a single screw that was wedged (not actually screwed into anything) between the metal pipe and the ceiling material. So now I have a missing vent in the kitchen til I figure out how to fix that. The AC/heater is non functional right now but it is just one of those things!!!

Dusty Roads has been threatening to overheat even just from idling in drivethrus so I couldnt get up to visit family for thanksgiving. I did hang out with the neighbors though, so that was nice. I hope all y'all had safe and peacefull Thanksgiving holidays!