Raising a blind goat

Vumani

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have the pictures ready to post but have never posted pictures on the forum before and can't figure out how to do it. :hu Apparently copy and paste doesn't work either. Could someone tell me how to do it?

LadyIsabelle2011

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You have to upload pictures through the uploads link. You will find it along the blue bar at the top of the screen where the Index and other links are. Once you get there its pretty self explanatory ;)

redtailgal

Reaction score
excerpt from this thread: http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=97 (my own emphasis and comments in BOLD)

How To Post Pictures Using Our new BYC Image Hosting tool:

1) Click on the "Uploads" link at the top of the page: http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploadimg.php
2) Click "Browse" to find the image on your computer
3) Upload the image to the server and then you'll be presented with the image code to paste into your post here on the forum (there will be two codes, one a thumbnail code and one an image code. Using the image code will give a larger easier to see picture)

Vumani

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Nearly all the pictures I was able to get of her were with her head in the grain bucket. We decided to name her Helen (after Helen Keller) given her challenge and the way she is adapting to it so well. Anyway here she is.
5885_008.jpg

5885_018.jpg

5885_028.jpg

5885_033.jpg

MommaBugg

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score

Aucklandecofarm

Just born
Reaction score
Hi, I have just joined this site and found the comments about the blind goat very helpful. I also have a 20yo blind pet Australian Magpie (yes, these magpies are also in New Zealand, where I live). But now we have a blind lamb...[Pepe] is 3wo and doing very well on his bottle milk. He had some congenital disorder according to our Vet. His eyes were very swollen and I had to inject him daily with anti-inflammatory medicine which has worked very well. Pepe is just outside my kitchen window, along with another lamb, and they have clobbered-up so well, (actually appearing to be "guiding" Pepe...if that doesn't sound too anthropomorphic!?). My concern is, I haven't seen Pepe start to nibble at the grass as yet. All of our other lambs are at least sniffing at the ground by now. Should I be overly concerned at this early stage? ...

kelly mccormick

Herd lurker
Reaction score
We have a small farm sanctuary with a herd of 10 goats (2 whethers, the rest are female). We are receiving a 1-month-old goat who is blind. We have a pen next to our existing goats so they can meet each other through the fence. Any suggestions, recommendations or stories from anyone who has experience introducing a blind kid to a herd would be super helpful. Thank you in advance for any and all advice

Bear Dias

Just born
Reaction score
I currently have 2 blind goats in my herd. I have almost completed fencing, building their second area. i have learned that they really can decimate an area pretty quickly. Hence the second foraging area. the new area has great vegetation but it is dramatically different in its layout. it has inclines as well as quite a few rocky drop offs. Because of where this new enclosure is I am adding an electric / solar fence. I believe it would be best to try and re-home these two beautiful ladies. between the much more aggressive terrain and the charged line I would not want them to be frightened and have them run off causing them possible harm

I live in SW Virginia and would like to know if there is a place that may be interested in taking these two lovely ladies. i have them posted on craigslist and the responses as you can guess are kinda shady at best. Knowing that they are well taken care of is my fist priority.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH @Bear Dias So glad you joined us. There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home! oh, also, please consider stopping by the new member section and doing a quick introduction. That way folks can welcome you more easily. https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/new-member-introductions.17/

Hope you enjoy the site!

Bear Dias

Just born
Reaction score
Thank you Latestarter. Greatly appreciated. I look forward to posting questions and or suggestions in the future and getting responses. If you know of any information about re homing my blind goats let me know. Again thank you for the warm welcome