Ramble on our mistakes with our Pyrs

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How much of the safe guard? I just went and bought some. (I had Valbazen and ivermec but no more fenben). I also picked up the co-op's highest protein dog food and feed them both with half that and half regular. They both scarfed it even though it was more than the approx. 8 cups. I also trimmed Wesson's nails and gave him a nice brush.

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wesson was very happy to get the pedi and brush. He doesn't know that he is napping in the house until I find out how much wormer to give him. lol. Smith is next when he ambles up here.

100_2077.JPG

BTW, My floor was clean before the "cleaning" LOL
100_2078.JPG

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
YAY! for good grooming! I would increase his feed yes but be careful with adding another feed and increasing as you may end up with tummy issues, diarrhea being one... too high in protein will also cause loose stool to diarrhea. :sick
As far as dewormer... you should ask your vet for the dosages and really get that fecal done. Fenbendazole is a pretty broad spectrum dewormer with a wide range margin of safety.
This is the schedule we follow, HOWEVER... ALL our dogs are vet monitored and we follow our vets protocol. It is against the law to use any product off label without the direct recommendation/supervision of a licensed veterinarian. If it is labeled for dogs follow the dosage recommendations/protocol on the bottle/tube.

http://www.msd-animal-health.co.uk/products_public/panacur_10__liquid/090_product_datasheet.aspx

I could just smooch on that face! Awwwwwwwwwww! :love What a good boy for his grooming! Now- give him a deer leg for his teeth cleaning and he'll be good to go! LOL :lol:

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
At this point I wish I had a deer so much I might not share the leg! lol!

I will keep an eye on the other things. Thanks!

makingshift

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you for such an informative post, dejavoodoo! You have some beautiful dogs there. Best of luck and thanks for sharing your mistakes and successes!

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
mikingshift, I am just hoping others will read this and learn from it. :)

On another note, I have since had two deer dropped off at my house. Smith and Wesson are in heaven!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
@dejavoodoo114 ; It's been almost 2 years since the last/end post. I'm posting because the pictures showed up at the top of the site home page, which brought me to your thread. Your boys are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your story. How are they doing now that they have a few years experience? Love the names and wondered if perhaps you have added a Ruger or Colt... maybe a Marlin? With 32 acres, you have enough room for more dogs as well as animals <---I'm an enabler, yes... Anyway, thanks again for sharing. Always nice to hear of others experiences as I learn better that way.