Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just opened the box to remove the eggs and the one box that had the 12 in it had one that was cracked beyond repair. Thats ok. With shipping that can happen.
Im going set them this weekend. It wont hurt to wait a couple days will it? Im going to fire up the incubators and get them warmed up and the humidity set.
Heres a pic of the eggs unwrapped.

20190116_170054.jpg

Heres the cracked egg.

20190116_165206.jpg

Bummer.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seeing how duck eggs have a much tougher shell than chicken eggs, they had to have had some pretty rough handling.... That's "gov't " employees for you....
Let them sit at least 24 hours, but not much longer than 48. If they got chilled at all the germ will be weak so you need to get them started but they need to "settle" after getting used as a football in transit.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seeing how duck eggs have a much tougher shell than chicken eggs, they had to have had some pretty rough handling.... That's "gov't " employees for you....
Let them sit at least 24 hours, but not much longer than 48. If they got chilled at all the germ will be weak so you need to get them started but they need to "settle" after getting used as a football in transit.
I kept watching the transit info so as soon as the eggs were delivered I ran out to the mailbox at work to get them. It wasnt too cold today but I didnt want them sitting out there getting any colder. Right now Im getting the incubators up and running and getting the humidity levels stabilized. Couple of the eggs are huge. Im hoping they arent double yolkers.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I just thought I was doing something wrong. Actually didnt realize there was a battery compartment on that stupid thing. I had Pm'd you because I knew you had one and thought maybe you would know why it wasnt working. Once I started looking at it more carefully, I realized my mistake. Thats usually what I do is get all freaked about something then later when I get logical about it, go, ohhhh......duh! Thanks for replying though. :)

On another note, I had started a thread on GHM drive and am a little disappointed that no one has replied to it with their feelings, thoughts, or anything on it. I know many have complained about the ads on here and the pages jumping because of it. Im not trying to advocate that people on here get the GHM for that reason, but as there are so many on here that love the sight and want to see it stay for many years to come, I think we should do something to help support the sight. Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts