Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went out a little while ago to break the ice in the water troughs for the cows. :yaThey were frozen about an inch or so but broke easy with the hatchet. :clap
Went into the coop and had to move the hanging feeder for the chickens because there was a big puddle of water right under it and they were standing in it. :thDidnt like that much so moved it over to drier ground and went and got the pitchfork to fluff their bedding and tossed some into the hole to fill it up to soak up all that water. :he
Of course, while doing this, the idiot chickens were freaking out flying everywhere. :huNooo, they cant go outside, the ground has that chicken eating snow on it! :epThe horrors! :ep
Stupid chickens.:smack
Got three eggs while out there and thought about putting them in with the duck eggs when there is 21 days to go see if they hatch out. :woot
Poor birds outside keep coming to see if there is any seed i them. I forgot to get some. :idunnoI need to go to Scottsville tomorrow to get some chicken feed so I'll try to get it then. :)
Here is a pic of our little snowstorm that cleared the milk and bread at Krogers. :lol:

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
20190120_100145.jpg

Attachments

• 20190120_100147.jpg
    20190120_100147.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 61

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Im about to do something stupid. Found a CL ad for 6 Swedish Duckilngs for free. Lady is being kicked out by her boyfreind and needs a home asap..soooooo, Im gonna go get them. I can keep them in the barn temporarily until I can find a home or maybe sell them. Someone is also giving away an angus baby heifer that cant walk. Think I'll pass on that one.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ive been on there before but am unable to get my old account back. Its the same name I use here but none of the passwords I remember using work. I sent an email to contact us asking for help but no one replied so I opened a new one with @Rammy1964. I had been on there years ago when I first got chickens.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mine came up also and are doing pretty good on the heat mat. It's keeping it right at 75 even though the porch drops down to as low as the mid 50's over night.

If they germinated you should be OK with the temp. I just have cool weather things planted and they can take the cooler temps once they get going but summer veggies have a little rougher time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts