Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
My brother and his girlfriend came down last weekend to visit with Mom and Dad. They left Tues since he had to go to work the next morning.
Dad had his last radiation treatment last Friday. They will do an MRI on March 14th to see if it helped. Mom said Dad fell again last night when he didnt have the strength to get off the toilet. She had to call my cousin, who lives next door, to help get him up. This is the second fall in a couple days. He has this huge bruise on his chest where he fell in the bathroom. He refused to go to the hospital because he didnt want to sit there for 4 hours before he got looked at. Stubborn ol fart.
I got this Humidikit to use for the incubators so I dont have to babysit the humidity. When I got it, and set it up per instructions, I set it to stop at 50%. It kept climbing instead of stopping. I called Incubator Warehouse and talked to them. After some trouble shooting, he determine the board was bad and sent me a new one. I replaced the board last night, set the humidity level, and turned it on. Niw it wont go past 45%. WTF? I mean, this thing isnt cheap.
I have water in the trays, but not much. Even before I hooked up the Humidikit, it was around the 45% mark, so I figured it would raise it up to 50% and keep it there even after the water in tge tray evaporated. So far, Im pretty peeved at this thing. All the reviews gave it glowing comments. Im ready to ship this thing back.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was impressed by their level of customer service. Things don't always work right, but they respond quickly. The thread on BYC has many instances of things going wrong, but are quickly resolved to the customer's satisfaction. They even redesigned the screen over the fan several times because of newly hatched chicks getting their feet up and getting caught in the fan. Don't give up, don't get mad, call and let them know. I don't know of any other company that has such an attentive customer service. The only thing more irritating than things going wrong, is things going wrong and the company ignores you.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Im going to call them when I get home. I k ow I put the wires in the right spots. All I did was unscrew the front, take out the old one, unscrewed the wires out of the back, insert into new one, turn it in. If I had the wires wrong it wouldnt of come on, right? It was only at 45.6% when I left for work. It shouldnt take that long to get to 50%. I turned it on last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.