Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
So how much are those lessons? And what's the duration on the lessons? Is it something you pay for and then can spend as much time as you want to learn it?
The lessons are online. I take them on TakeLessonLive.com. They are $15.00 for a half hour, but it often goes over that. Its just once a week. I try to put in about 2 hrs of study time each night and as much as possible on the weekends, but lately, with the hatchings, my Dad, and the upcoming garden and summer chores, not sure Im going to be able to put in the time as I did before. The last time I took a break from something, which was my studying for my RHIT exam so I can work in a hospital in the records department, was 8 years ago. I dont remember jack from all those years I went to college to study for it. So I know my history.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like the RHIT may be something you might want to revisit ? You have mentioned it several times before.... the Hindi lessons cost you money ...... going back to your RHIT classes would give you the security of another direction if your wrists become a issue or you wanted a career change ????
You do have a full plate with working, your home and caring for your parents.....maby some down time for yourself right now is the answer....:jumpy

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Id have to retake all the classes I did when I took it the first time. It would cost me hundreds of dollars per semester and books. So its not something I can do again now. I just cant afford it. I hate making decisions.
I noticed you hate making decisions, lol...then just stop the hindi for now, save the fifteen dollars and several hours studying, spend that time with your stuff you want to get done and you will have your needed and precious time with your folks....things will then fall into place and will work out....they always do...:bunny

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
The lessons are online. I take them on TakeLessonLive.com. They are $15.00 for a half hour, but it often goes over that. Its just once a week. I try to put in about 2 hrs of study time each night and as much as possible on the weekends, but lately, with the hatchings, my Dad, and the upcoming garden and summer chores, not sure Im going to be able to put in the time as I did before. The last time I took a break from something, which was my studying for my RHIT exam so I can work in a hospital in the records department, was 8 years ago. I dont remember jack from all those years I went to college to study for it. So I know my history.
So it's pay as you go right? Are you afraid that if you give that up temporarily you might not go back to it? Sorry, with all these questions, just trying to understand the situation and trying to help you. :)

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
So it's pay as you go right? Are you afraid that if you give that up temporarily you might not go back to it? Sorry, with all these questions, just trying to understand the situation and trying to help you. :)
Yes and yes. You have to pay for at least 5 lessons in advance each time. Im up for renewal this weekend.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes and yes. You have to pay for at least 5 lessons in advance each time. Im up for renewal this weekend.
More questions. So you would need to prepaid for at least 5 lessons, but once paid, is there a time frame you need to finish studying or you can basically take your time to finish studying those say 5 lessons?
I know you really enjoy learning Hindi. I'd say, if it's not financially a burden for you to spend at least $75 on 5 lessons and if there's not "expiration date" on those lessons, then renew it. Then at least the lessons are available, and you can spend at least once a week or more depending on your schedule to study. That way you are not giving it up.
But if there's a time frame you need to complete the lessons then it's a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.