Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi, everyone.
First, I want to apologize for worrying everyone at my abrupt departure. The news of Joe's passing really hit me hard and I know it did to alot of you as well, especially his family. I did not mean to be so dramatic but when I get in a certain frame of mind, I dont make rash decissions or think clearly. So Im sorry for just cutting people out like that.
I dont know why I reacted that way still, but even now just typing this Im tearing up.
I have tried coming on and reading posts. At first even doing that made me cry reading anything about Joe. Knowing he is gone and there will be no more posts about his day, his wit and humor, his stories about his beloved goats, is still unbelievable.
There is no excuse for my behavior or my shortness with some members who reached out making sure I was ok. Thank you for caring and giving me the space.
I could go on but its hard to explain alot of things.
The reason I came on to post tonight is to let everyone know it looks like my Dad may not be with us much longer. He is in hospice care right now. My Mom doesnt think he will make it thru next week. They put him on pain meds because the hospice nurse says hes in pain even tho he says hes not. His kidneys are shutting down and hes barely eating. They brought in a hospital bed because Mom cant get him in and out of bed anymore.
So first we all lose a dear, respected, and loved member of our herd, and now my Dad may pass soon.
Again, Im sorry for any worry, concern, hurt feelings I caused to members who just wanted to make sure I was ok.
I may not be posting much obviously now for a whole another reason.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Prayers for strength for you and your mom. You have a lot to deal with. I know that the teasing about you and Joe was fun, but it made him a little more special to you having that friendship. And you met him in person so it made it even harder.
We are glad that you came back to us when you could be a little more rational. Let us know how things are going and if anyone can help. If you need to vent, anyone of us is here. PM if you need to.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Big hugs to you Rammy. We all handle things differently, there is no rubber stamp of one's emotions. No need to apologize, you did say that you were upset and had to back away for awhile. Just know that you are loved here, a member of the herd.

I am sorry to hear about your Dad. He has been ill for awhile. When my Dad passed away, he had been bed ridden for a year with bone cancer. He suffered great pain, but still managed to be cheerful. I'd go see him, we'd laugh and joke around, then I would cry all the way home. I was with him when he stopped breathing and tears rolled down my cheeks. By that time, they were tears of relief for him. He was free, no more pain, no more agony, he was free. I tell you this because I feel that you are in much the same situation. A long illness doesn't take away the pain of loss, but it does allow for one to prepare. Please know that I am here for you any time you need to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts