Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
20190408_125957.jpg

20190408_130031.jpg

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear he passed. It is hard, but it will get 'better' with time, or at least 'different'. An empty place never to be filled again, but over time, it will seem, not so deep a hole in your heart, as you will think more on his life than his passing..

It is never easy to let go. I think a long illness is harder on the person that is ill, but gives loved ones time to deal with the reality of upcoming loss. A sudden death is easier on the deceased, but shocking and hard on the loved ones. Either way, it is tough for the loved ones.

I dunno......Watching and thinking every day for over a year about my brother's eventual demise from cancer was much much harder than his actual death. I miss him terribly, but I had worried so much about what it was going to be like never to hear from him again on this earth, when that day came, I found him being gone was not nearly as bad as the dread I had gone thru all those months. It kept me up nights and I cried almost every day thinking about it. It sounds un-natural I suppose, but was almost a relief when he finally went home to his maker. Part of it I think, was the unfairness of it all...that I was relatively healthy and my mirror image was so ill and dying and I would continue on without him & I couldn't do anything about it. Last thing I told him was "I'll try to live large enough for both of us".

(the last part of that saga finally came to closure last Friday, as his property adjacent to me sold and closed and I met the new owners and gave them the keys to the locks on the gates. They did agree to me continue leasing it for grazing so they could retain ag exemtion, as they are city folks that just want the property for weekend 'recreation')

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very sorry for you and your mom's loss. But at least your dad was ready, and still someone you could talk to and relate to. It has been a hard 2 weeks dealing with the terrible deterioration I saw with my mom, and the difficulties dealing with my father. The future situation with that is something I am dreading. Celebrate the wonderful and full life your dad had.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very sorry for you and your mom's loss. But at least your dad was ready, and still someone you could talk to and relate to. It has been a hard 2 weeks dealing with the terrible deterioration I saw with my mom, and the difficulties dealing with my father. The future situation with that is something I am dreading. Celebrate the wonderful and full life your dad had.
Im sorry about your Mom. Its not easy watching them get worse each day. I know you will do everything possible to give your Mom the best care. Dad couldnt talk towards the end, but I spoke to him when he could talk and told him what I wanted to say and tell him when I could.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went over to my Moms yesterday about 3pm since family was coming in for the funeral today, and came home about 8 pm and found this happening....

20190412_200935.jpg

20190412_201037.jpg

20190412_201058.jpg

20190412_201128.jpg

20190412_201207.jpg

And here he is almost dry..

20190412_204815.jpg

One more just hatched while I ran some errands thus morning...

20190413_090444.jpg

12 more to go. Official hatch date is tomorrow. These are Ancona ducks. Sorry Fred!

Status
Not open for further replies.