Rammy's Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
So the lady that I hatched all those Anocona ducklings out for came to pick them up last night. I told her I wished more had hatched out. Out of the 22 we started out with, only 14 made it to lockdown, and only 9 hatched. One had piped, but never came out. It died at some point. I candled the rest of the eggs the night before just to see and the eggs had changed from very dark, to lightening up and air cells very large, so at some point those ducklings had died either before or during lockdown.
I kind of went, WTHeck? when she made this statement something like it setting so long to get them in the incubator. I thought, I hope your not blaming me for letting them set for 24 hours before I put them in. One, they were cold. Two, your suppose to let them set, at least that's what a lot of people on BYC says, for 24 hours, in case the air cells are detached fat side up, giving it a chance to re-attach. So you know what? Thats the last time I hatch for someone.
I did get 2 bags of layer pellets and some scratch for it. Thats what we agreed on. I just did it for fun and to help out someone. I have all these incubators, so why not?
Oh, well.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't get discouraged with another that seems "rude" to ya....it is the intent that ya had that matters....and her reaction, simply tells ya that she has had no "experience" at doing something that every detail can have adverse effects....she didn't want to undergo it all and paid ya to do it for her.....she is clueless about the process.....ya did a Great job and just let it go and be satisfied that ya was able to "learn and practice" for a much better next time.....ya never know, ya just might find a niche.....:)

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't get discouraged with another that seems "rude" to ya....it is the intent that ya had that matters....and her reaction, simply tells ya that she has had no "experience" at doing something that every detail can have adverse effects....she didn't want to undergo it all and paid ya to do it for her.....she is clueless about the process.....ya did a Great job and just let it go and be satisfied that ya was able to "learn and practice" for a much better next time.....ya never know, ya just might find a niche.....:)
She has her own incubator. One of those GQF1202 style. The big fancy ones. Her electrical at her house was acting up and she was afraid it would fry the motor in it so she reached out on BYC for someone to help her out. I saw it and offered. Im not doing it again.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just felt like she was blaming me in a round about way for the poor hatch. I said that Id had bad hatches from shipped eggs so 9 out of 14 that made it to lockdown seemed pretty good to me. Thats ok. I got free chicken food out of it.
This weekend Im cleaning and disinfecting the incubators til next year. I dont think it will hurt waiting til Saturday to clean them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts