Randall cattle

Electric

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yes , ours is a blue color with a thick white stripe that runs from the base of her skull to the tip of her rump.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out these two links on Linebacks and Randall cattle that I found on TheCattleSite.com:

Lineback Cattle

Randall Cattle

As far as I can see, both breeds have the white stripe down the topline. The only difference to me is that the Lineback is more dairy-looking than the Randall. Try not to get these two breeds confused with the Canadian-originated Speckle Park breed which has the same/similar colouration:

Legacy Speckle Parks

Speckle Parks are not related to the Randall nor the Lineback, FYI. :)

cattlecait

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Yea, Speckle Parks came from some White Park and Angus breedings if I remember correctly.

"Lineback" is a general term for a color type. There are just Lineback cattle, any animal with this color can be registered with the Lineback association.

Randall Lineback were developed by a farmer as a seperate breed, they also can be blue or red with lineback markings. I'd really love to get my hands on a red Randall!

Here's the link for their registry, as with most rarer breeds there are a couple of different associations but this is the one that I use for my information - http://www.randallcattleregistry.org/

Here's a site that has some good photos too - http://www.randalllineback.org/photos.html

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
cattlecait said:
Yea, Speckle Parks came from some White Park and Angus breedings if I remember correctly.
Speckle Parks actually originated from White Park, Angus AND Shorthorn. The red roan heifer that started the breed was supposedly either sired by a White Park or had White Park breeding somewhere in the woodpile, and was descended from a Teeswater Shorthorn. No matter who she was bred to when she became a cow, she calved out the same type of colour pattern: that roan colouration. Her and her offspring where then purchased by the Lamonts and bred to Angus bulls and thus created animals that are the foundation of the Speckle Park breed.

The Canadian Speckle Park Association has information on how the breed started: SP Breed history

Reaction score
Have you had her checked to see if she truly is a Randall and not a halfbreed or just a lineback? I see you haven't been on here in quite some time, but it is an extremely unlikely 1 in 10,000 chance that somebody would find a Randall heifer at an auction. If you do see this please consider having her tested.