RAT!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
YUCK!!! :barnie :he :rant :somad :sick

AJ kitty brought in a small rat this morning. We have only ever had one other rat in the 21 years we've been here. Today we will have to scour the place and see if there are more. We had the milk truck, breeder, neighbor, and a coop truck in and out of here yesterday. Plus, DH made a trip over to an implement dealer. I'm hoping and praying that it came in on one of the vechicles and that it is the only one!

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
for every one you see, I think it means there are 7 more. Or is that mice? I dunno, I am praying for you. We had a horrible rat infestation a few years back, and the suckers are gone now.... after a lot of work. here's hoping it rode in on a truck. :fl

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Do you want to borrow my dogs?
They love rats!
We get wood rats here every now and then. If they can't dig or chew it out, they will stand there and give you the "it's in there" look, until you help them get it!

Of course then you have to let them keep it around for a few days to show it off to who ever comes over!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We keep watch and haven't seen any signs of them and we were rather shocked when AJ came in with it. I am hoping that it came in on a truck. :fl It has been chilly here so maybe it climbed up looking for the warmth of the engine.

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I was following the town garbage truck one day this winter. I saw a clump of frozen "slush" fall off, then it got up and ran accross the road. it sicked me out for the rest of the day. :sick

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
laughingllama75 said:
I was following the town garbage truck one day this winter. I saw a clump of frozen "slush" fall off, then it got up and ran accross the road. it sicked me out for the rest of the day. :sick
EEWWWWW!!!!! :sick

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You know, as a farm girl. not many things gross me out. I hunt, fish, we butcher our own, I worked at a zoo, kept reptiles, changed babies diapers. Why do wild rats gross me out????? rodents don't, as a whole. If I see a pet rat in a petshop or something, I'm not grossed out. I wouldn't have one now, but I did as a kid( hamster, gerbil, a rat and rabbits). Bizzare.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have no clue but, I don't care for them either! I'd rather see a mouse than a rat anyday! Maybe it's knowing what kind of destruction they can do? :idunno

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
or maybe, you get creeped out at the memory of them running across your feet and one up your arm when they were in your henhouse (it happened, totally gross, and I screamed like a little girl).