Rats in well house!

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
About the only thing I have found that works is bait poison. I was worried about the animals, but I cannot afford a house or barn fire because of chewed electrical wires.
I have been using them for years now and have not lost any animals that I don't want to lose.
I make sure I place the bait where the dogs are not likely to get to or be able to reach. As for the cat. None of them has eaten a poisoned one yet.
Every once in awhile a varmint will die in the house wall and its a bit annoying till it mummyfies. But the stuff works.

honeymeadows

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We use battery operated electronic zappers. Electrocutes even the biggest rats. They crawl into the trap to reach the food (dog food, sunflower seeds, goat chow...), and when they are touching both the front and rear metal plate they get zapped. They are safe to use and no poison needed.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Caught a rat!
Put the trap under an overturned kiddy pool in the chicken run. Next morning, there was the rat!
Have the trap there again, but no more caught. Possible it was just the one?
I'm going to move the trap into the well house today, more insulation is chewed up.
I'm using peanut butter with rabbit food smooshed together.

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
i think there are some poisions that do not affect other animals if they eat the dead varmits, read some labels

Latest posts