Raw Hide Pig Ears as chew toy?

dewey

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
terri9630 said:
dewey said:
terri9630 said:
We have lots of pine trees in our wind break so lots of free pine cones. I found that one of my neighbours was collecting the ones that fell outside our fence and selling them at Christmas for decorations. We have lots inside the fence so the dogs are doing their job.
That's a great thing. Good find with the neighbors and dogs to help. My family and friends have pine trees on their properties so they collect them for me, and there's a tree nursery right across from me that I can collect all that fall for free. Most of my trees were all taken in a tornado several years ago, so all that's on this property is AU trees/wood that the buns can't have.
I think it's funny that the dogs are guarding things like pinecones but at least I know the neighbours will never rob me.
LOL, so true.

Moonshine

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
terri9630 said:
My rabbits like to play with and chew on pine cones. It's funny to watch them toss pine cones around.
I read this yesterday and cut up a small pine tree and the rabbits are loving it! Thanks!!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Raw hides are made with chemicals, rabbits shouldn't chew them and neither should dogs.

Get wood/branches from safe trees instead. Far better for them and they can eat them! Also, usually free!

sagewoman

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Didn't know about the pine cones. I have pine trees right next to my rabbit barn. Thanks for the info. Going to make some rabbits very happy today :)

VickieB

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a couple of oak trees in my yard. Would oak be safe for the bunnies?

Latest posts