Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
So we have 1.5 days left at fair and as of this morning all judging is done! The kids did very well: they participated in foods, photography, arts, woodworking, mechanical science plus showed turkeys, Californian rabbits, French Angora rabbits and goats!

Here are a few pictures from some of the project areas(not all goats):

This is the melon boat that DD made for foods!
Erin's melon shark.jpg

DS(13 years) made this table for recycle arts:

2015 Dane Co fair-Kade's table-7-16-2015.jpg

DD going through senior showmanship with Chaos(she was a handful in the ring), received a red.
Dairy Goat senior showmanship-7-18-2015.jpg

DS(10 years) in junior showmanship- only 2 in the class- he received reserve champion

Both DD and DS(10 years) showing Chaos and Cosmos in the junior intermediate class- she received a red and he received the 2 nd blue.
Dairy Goat- Junior Intermediate judging-7-18-2015.jpg

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
We only took Chaos and Cosmos to the fair and left Obie at home- hoping the week apart would help with getting them weaned........NOT! :thWe are still milking Obie just to keep her in practice even though we don't get much. The plus side of taking Chaos and Cosmos to the fair is that they are getting more friendly and come up to us for attention.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maggie's 5 kids are 4 weeks old today so we weighed them to see how they are growing!

Marsh- 7 lbs 11 oz
Monty- 9 lbs 5 oz
Moose- 5 lbs 7 oz
Mort- 9 lbs 14 oz
Monkey- 5 lbs 14 oz

We took Maggie plus Monty and Mort out to pasture with the rest of the group today and of course the does had to figure out who should be on top :barnie. Coco got the top of her scur knocked off.....bleeding a little bit but not anything bad- will have to watch and make sure it stays clean!

Working on transitioning the 3 from the house outside......

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
our weather has been nice enough to get the 3 bottle kids out of our kitchen and into a pen in our shop :celebrateof course all the rabbits looked at us as if to say.....not those things again!! :lol: We have also been taking them into the pasture with the rest of the goats to get everyone use to each other but only under supervision because of cause they have no protector.

We did their disbudding/dehorning ourselves(well DH did), DH built a box that worked great. We will just watch to make sure no scurs grow. We did notice on Comet(from the triplets) that he has a scur growing back so that will need to be taken care of.

Will try and line up the 5 kids for an updated picture ;)

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have a couple of new pictures to share- my kids decided that the goats needed something to keep them busy. If I would have known adding goats would get my kids to pull weeds, I would have gotten goats years ago! :lol:

Wall of weeds-8-6-2015.jpg

We weighed Maggie's kids:
Marsh- 10 lbs 10 oz
Monty- 13 lbs 4 oz
Moose- 7 lbs 14 oz
Mort- 13 lbs 15 oz
Monkey- 8 lbs 14 oz

Here is a couple of pictures of them too!

Marsh-Monty-Moose-Mort-Monkey-8-7-2015.jpg

Marsh-Monty-Moose-Mont-Monkey-take 2-8-7-2015.jpg

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cool about fair!!! will you put the fair website up, I want to take a peak for some pictures, I had mine the weekend of the 25th. I can say that for me except if I do the market sale Saturday is the day of fair were I can have the most fun, going on rides and doing what I want to do after chores are done

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cool about fair!!! will you put the fair website up, I want to take a peak for some pictures, I had mine the weekend of the 25th. I can say that for me except if I do the market sale Saturday is the day of fair were I can have the most fun, going on rides and doing what I want to do after chores are done

I looked and the fair website doesn't have any pictures posted from the fair, might be on face book but I'm not a face book user

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
We tried to take a few new pictures yesterday and today but cooperation wasn't the greatest!

Here is Melanie....our 1st....she is 10 months now
Melanie-8-12-2015.jpg

This is Coco- she is a FF and my easy milker and her milk is creamy tasting!
Coco-8-12-2015.jpg

This is Rascal- he is Coco's- very much a sweetheart.
Rascal-8-12-2015.jpg