Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
even though our 2nd little doeling wont arrive until mid- April, I'm interesting in hearing how others have introduced new and little with bigger. We are figuring that we will have to keep them separate to start.

Bucking Adoeable Fainters

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't think you will need to do anything. Your little gal will be so happy to have a friend and that little kid will be missing its mommy, poof, instant friendship. Over lunch of course. I always do introduction over food and out in the turn out/pasture as apposed to the in house/barn/ cage. That just ends up being territorial. Shes still so young, I really don't see there being an issue. Very happy for your little girl and you!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's been a bit since we posted a picture or two...so enjoy!
Melaine-1-22-2015.jpg

DD was trying to take the picture but Melanie kept walking into the camera so DD took it this way instead! Will try and post a picture of Melanie's buddy later today...in the process of switching laptops and having lots of fun.....not!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
thought I'd provide an update: We had a doeling reserved from a farm north of us, the doe is due mid April. Beginning of the week(right in the middle of our crazy snow falls), we received an email from them, they had decided to get out of the Nigerian Dwarfs but they would hold the doe we put a deposit on till she kidded for the doeling OR if we wanted they would sell us the bred doe(s)! Then we employed chicken math in the goat world.

Meet the girls
Coco-Obie-Maggie-2-7-2015.jpg

Coco's 150 day is 2/13/2015
Obie's 150 day is 4/15/2015
Maggie's 150 day is 6/28/2015