Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So glad it was peaceful but still sorry to hear of your loss. You've been through a lot this past year or so, and I am glad that he's at rest now and you and your family will be under so much less stress and strain. Remember the good times you all shared together and put the pain and hardship behind you. Have strength, peace and recover. Condolences.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
question about cheese.....made some chevre cheese 2 weeks and 2 days ago- froze most of it but still have some left in the frig......it still smells good....any thoughts on if we can still eat it or....:he

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I (almost) always trust my nose... And besides, many (Me NOT being one of them! :sick) LOVE to eat moldy cheese :hide In fact, many cheese makers charge, and cheese buyers pay EXTRA for that "benefit" Whodathunkit? :hu

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
In Sept we started to milk only once a day and by Oct, I was milking every 3rd day especially for our doe- Coco as she was still letting her doeling(Basil) nurse.

Around mid Oct, I stopped milking her as she was only giving 2 oz or so at a milking and figured we were done for the season!

Wrong- about 6 days ago, DS(11) was helping with chores and noticed that Coco's udder was huge....so we milked her out and are currently milking her every day now....only thing we can figure is that Basil is completely weaned but Coco didn't stop producing.

In the 4 times we have milked, she is averaging 1 lb of milk per day(only milking in the morning) :th

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woke up yesterday morning to white stuff on the ground and white stuff falling from the sky....the goats were not amused!!! We ended up with 5.7 inches of snow, it was on the heavy side- it took DH and I about 6 hours to complete our snow route. Hopefully we don't get lots of snow at one time :hide.....I'm back helping DH take care of our snow route again.