Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
So our adventure increased our number by 1 this afternoon.

Coco gave birth to 1 buckling- he was born around 4 pm today- he is about 4 pounds. The doe did an awesome job and had no issue with me being right in her space and providing support. Given how cold it was outside(and now it's -4+ wind chill) and him not figuring out how to nurse soon enough we took him inside. Coco had no issue with me milking her out and we got about 6 ounces from her. He has had a couple feeding and is now sleeping comfortably on blankets in our kitchen. We will try and see if we can get him to nurse first thing tomorrow morning.

View attachment 7482 View attachment 7483
Saw these pics near the top of one of the pages... So cute!!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last week Monday and now this week Monday and today we have icy conditions going on....kids had off from school yesterday and now again today as the ground temp is still cold enough that there is a thin layer of ice on everything!

The layer of ice will make chores interesting this am for sure, we have some small hills to go down(that will be the easiest part) and then back up. The does will all want to have their grain served indoor this morning :lol:

Of course DH had to go out and put down ice melt on sidewalks and such....several counties(including ours) actually had the news anchors asking everyone to stay off the roads until they could be treated again(salt trucks had to have chains put on the tires). Guess even those of us who are use to the cold/snow/ice have challenges!

By later today/tomorrow everything should be clear and maybe by the end of the week our snow will be gone....

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yikes! I would rather have snow than ice. We are supposed to get 4-7 inches tonight. Our driveway is a sheet of ice, so plowing should be interesting.

Latest posts