Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Crash course on driving the truck! But hopefully no crashes. Good that the kids are around to help.
Sorry about DH's knee, must have been --><-- close to going if it tore just going up stairs.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Crash course on driving the truck! But hopefully no crashes. Good that the kids are around to help.
Sorry about DH's knee, must have been --><-- close to going if it tore just going up stairs.

Thanks, they've driven the truck before but not on a regular basis so they aren't very comfortable with it and its big! This knee has been bothering him for awhile now so it's possible. DD was with him at urgent care and said the doctor was checking his knee and made it move in a direction that just about sent him off the table..... of course the doctor felt bad, apparently they don't see a reaction like that!!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tore my knee up back in '77 and it was the worse injury and pain that I've ever had.....sure hope it isn't really damaged, but I'm cringing for him right now....:hugs....hope the cheese making improves for ya....and remember, a family is a "team" and they have done very well in the past for ya....so, I think they will come thru for ya once again....may be a hiccup or 2...but, they will do fine.....:)

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tore my knee up back in '77 and it was the worse injury and pain that I've ever had.....sure hope it isn't really damaged, but I'm cringing for him right now....:hugs....hope the cheese making improves for ya....and remember, a family is a "team" and they have done very well in the past for ya....so, I think they will come thru for ya once again....may be a hiccup or 2...but, they will do fine.....:)

thanks, we are very proud of how our kids step up and help make things work and know that we'll get through this too! The skills they are learning will serve them well for years to come. DH is not use to sitting still/not working on something!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fair starts this week for the kids, this year they have scaled way back on the number of projects they finished...not a lot of extra time these days. We have 6 rental units to get ready by the end of the month and several were returned with more work needed then expected. One of the units came back 6 days after they were to be out, they left stuff behind that we had to clean out and last but not least the place reeked of cat pee :rant:somad:sick to the point that it was making it hard for DS(17) to breathe(not that the rest of us wanted to be in there either). We removed all the carpet, pad, sealed the sub floor which has helped a lot so far and are almost finished painting it too! Of course their deposit wont cover all the damages....

DH had an MRI done on his knee right before the 4th but didn't hear back till the week after, by that time he had ditched the crutches, was driving himself around and being very careful when walking. Turns out that he has torn meniscus in his knee but because he has arthritis starting in that knee, the best things for him at this point is to do nothing but be careful. DH says his knee actually feels better now then before.

Our garden is starting to produce yellow squash and patty pan squash...have to check again and see if anything is big enough to pick:D =D

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am glad that his knee is better. I also have a bad knee, arthritis and a lifetime of living on it.....LOL Sometimes I can't put weight on it and I lurch from side to side like a drunk. What I found to keep the inflammation down is turmeric. 30 minutes after taking it, I feel the pain subside. He can take capsules, but I make a paste with turmeric, coconut oil and I shake black pepper on the spoonful I take. The pepper increases the bioavailability of the curcumin that is the active ingredient in the turmeric. It taste pretty bad, I chase it down with a glass of water. The relief I feel is amazing. I buy a 1 pound bag of turmeric powder at the health food store for about $8. If you can get him started on turmeric, it will make a huge difference. It is cheap, has no side effects and has other healthful properties as well.

For a topical rub, buy some Arnicare. It kills pain and lasts 4 hours. It also comes in little pills that dissolve under the tongue. It is awesome stuff. I even give the pills to the dogs when they get bit by a copperhead for the pain, then I give them a baby aspirin and benedryl for the bite itself.

He is going to have a lifetime of dealing with this screwed up knee. Get him on the Turmeric and Arnicare.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Something that really helped me for many yrs was a simple $30-40 knee brace....it will help support his knee and it will be less wobbly feeling to him....as the arthritis disfigures the joint the brace will begin to cause pain and it is better left off at that point....I was able to wear it for several yrs before that point was reached.....hope it continues to give him less trouble....and as far as pain goes....green BCs are the way to go.....I take 3-4 everyday.....:)