Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haven't taken the time lately to post much here. We've had our challenges this past year but we made it through and all the rental units that needed to be ready by the end of 2019 were completed. At this point, there are 2 left to get rented out. The months of Dec/Jan are slow for people looking but its starting to pick up.

We bred 7 does and will start kidding in April...haven't sat down to figure out due dates yet...probably should do that soon!

DS(18) is a senior in high school and will graduate this coming June. He texted me early today and said, "well mom, it's official, I'm the class of 2020's only Valedictorian" We are so proud of all his hard work!!!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Snowing today, started around 9 am and will go into the evening. Once it stops DH & I will head out to do snow removal hopefully it won't be to heavy. DH is working on some of the equipment making sure it's ready to go, probably take our tractor/blower tonight so he can clean up some of the driveways better.

This year we added another piece of equipment, a 4 wheeler and plow :D =D, to help make things easier on smaller snow falls when there isn't enough to use the blower. Of course this makes chore time so much easier for me too as DH added a cargo carrier so I can haul hay and water!!

Our kidding season will start around April 2nd and can go through May 31st. This year we have only 1 doe who could possible kid on DS(14)'s birthday. Of course not sure how much help DS(14) will be this kidding season...at the end of January he hurt his right knee wrestling and since it wasn't getting better he had to have an MRI done. Turns out that he has a medial meniscus tear and will have surgery mid March to repair it. Depending on what has to be done, he might be on crutches for at least 6 weeks....

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Slap a good metal brace on that leg and send him out to the kidding barn! ;)
Maybe he can help with whatever parts can be done outside the pens.

:lol: this is our kid that never sits still unless he doesn't feel good....he'll be out there, after all holding baby goats is the best part of the kidding season!!

Latest posts