Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds wierd. If the goat naturally has a beard, what sort of "anorexic model" judging are they doing? Maybe the female goats should have udder implants too, so they look "better".

You can tell I know nothing about goat judging!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is the beard issue a standard at most shows? We have been to several but I can't recall whether or not any of the goats had beards.

And I don't know any more about goat judging than Bruce does. :)

speckled6

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The judging sounds very subjective. Not that I know anything about any of it.
I would think they would go on breed standards though...and if a beard is standard it should be not only allowed but looked for.
Blah, sorry they didn't place better, but glad you had fun.
The most important thing is that the goats are healthy and happy and your family loves them.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here's a couple of pictures:

2017 Dane Co Fair-goat show-Int.-7-22-2017-c.jpg

waiting to get in the ring for Int. class-Mayhem, Munchkin and Brownie(being held)

2017 Dane Co Fair-goat show-7-22-2017-c.jpg

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
As the title says- living up to our name.....on Friday we received an email from one of our 4-H families- someone they knew had to move due to the place they were renting being sold and they needed to find a home for their goat :ep!

So meet Amelia- she's a 2 year old Nubian mix- our newest member of the herd once she is out of quarantine: she is pretty much on the move all the time given the newness to her.

Amelia-7-30-2017.jpg

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
according to what I know about Danish judging, its based on the number of entries in a class as to the number of blues, reds, whites and pink ribbons that can be handed out....