Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use to say that growing old is not for the faint of heart but I think it applies more to the teen years. :)

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had some rain here again over the weekend- not a lot but enough to make things muddy again....have started watching the does for heat so we can get them bred. Given that we have 2 bucks we have to pen one up when using the other- Chester isn't so happy with that idea but Granite is pretty chill(he's such a cool little guy :)).

Chester will be matched up with Coco, Melanie, Obie and Rio

Granite will be matched up with Basil, Clove and Pepper- they will be FF

Looks like we will have to start putting the heated water buckets in place, the water is starting to freeze over night now that we are getting into the 30's. Will most likely have to get warmer clothes out again too- so far 2 layers of clothing are enough!

Have to take DS(15) and DS(12) shopping for cloths- they need new coats- especially DS(15) as he has out grown the sleeves on his coat :th

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep pulled the hoses and put out the heated water here yesterday as well. Winter might be on the way.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Goat Whisperer has this uncanny abiliy to make me cry.... she just informed me we will be having 27degree night coming up.

This is wrong.
We live in NC
I don't understand.

I have to laugh long sleeve warm clothes is what I wear when it hits 70 down to 60
Warm coat at 60-50
Two layers is when it hits 45-50
Below 45 I cry, wear as many layers as I can and wonder why it has to be so cold and I dream of moving farther south.

I would never make it where you are. N.E.V.E.R

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
One gets used to the temps where they live. Not that sub 0°F is ever comfortable but I grew up in So. Cal. 50°F was cold, break out the winter coat. Now 50°F is windbreaker weather, unless it is sunny and there is no wind. 85°F is TOO hot and anything higher is WAY TOO HOT!

AnimalIAm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You guys are lucky! in California the winters are in the 70,s and 80,s! in summer its 80,s 90,s and 100,s!

AnimalIAm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm 13 sounds like you bruce :D. I'm german so I handle to cold I little better than some. I even enjoy it!