1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Peachicks - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Herd numbers

Discussion in 'Birthing, Weaning, and Raising Young Goats' started by Hens and Roos, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Jul 14, 2019
    Hens and Roos

Hens and Roos Herd Master

Thanks for the info, will look into to this!

CntryBoy777 and B&B Happy goats like this.
  2. Jul 14, 2019
    Hens and Roos

Thanks, I'll mention this idea to him. So far it has been feeling pretty good.

3. Jul 14, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

I didn't use it all the time, just when there was physical work that called for a little support....I had the black neoprene one with velcro straps....it allows for adjustment in case of swelling and the ability for a bit more support, when needed....I also preferred the metal side strips over the stitched plastic preformed ones....wore quite of few of them out over a 25-30yrs period....just tell him I "share" his pain!!.....:)

4. Jul 17, 2019
    misfitmorgan

misfitmorgan Herd Master

I dunno the story but could you not get a knee replacement done?

My coworker got his done and said his only wish was he had done it years sooner. The first knee he was back to work in 2 weeks and the second was 3 weeks. He is in his late 50s and says nothing by praise for those implants. He had bone on bone and bad enough his legs bowed outwards before surgery.

My ex-mother-in-law had double bi-lateral knee replacements done at 31yrs old(20+yrs before i met her), she loved the pain being gone but wasnt really happy with the bi-latheral so about 4yrs ago she got them replaced again with the modern ones and really loves those ones.

B&B Happy goats and CntryBoy777 like this.
  5. Jul 22, 2019
    Hens and Roos

@misfitmorgan ,DH tore meniscus in one of his knees but also has arthritis in the knee as well, so surgery would speed up the arthritis. The ortho doctor feels he's to young to have a knee done at this point. So far DH's knee if feeling pretty good.

6. Jul 22, 2019
    Hens and Roos

County fair finished last night for the kids and everyone is happy to be done. We had several days of very hot weather so we had to make sure animals and humans were staying hydrated and comfortable.

Sat morning was the goat show for the kids and we got some really good feedback on does they showed. Our senior yearling Nigie does, Dahlia and Daisy(sisters) received top blue and 2nd blue in their class(DD showed Daisy and another member of our 4-H club showed the Dahlia). Which was very cool, given all the goats(Standard, Nigies and crosses) are shown together.

To my amazement, Dahlia took Champion and Daisy took Champion Reserve when the judge picked from all the top blue and 2nd blue shown in the Junior Breeding class. Their dam is Basil(who took 2 blue in her senior age class) and sire is OFA Granite.

This of course leaves us with some decision as they can be bred this coming fall and both our bucks are related to them....

7. Jul 22, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

:lol: WHAT? Easy, get another buck. :celebrate We all need a couple.....:lol::lol::lol:

8. Jul 22, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

I hope it stays that way!! My aunt had her first hip replacements in her mid 50's, which would have be the mid 1970's.

Hens and Roos and Mini Horses like this.
  9. Jul 22, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

Sounds to me like ya did really Great at the Fair!!.....:thumbsup
    It is really nice to get "confirmation" of your decisions in the developement of your herd....:).....guess school will be starting up that way before very long....they have all the "back to school" sales going on here....just seems so soon....:th

10. Jul 23, 2019
    Hens and Roos

School here starts after labor day. I haven't even thought that far ahead, we just need to get through this week as we have rental units to finish :th

B&B Happy goats and CntryBoy777 like this.