Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
So Friday afternoon we weaned all the boys and they weren't very happy with us. They of course are letting us know this very loudly! Pepper is our only doe that doesn't have at least 1 doeling with her yet and is a 1st freshener- she is doing very well on the milk stand a gives almost 1 quart per milking(am & pm).

Saturday we had DD's graduation party-had a very beautiful day and a nice turn out, best thing was that Grandma(my mom) was able to come for it :).

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can't say that our bucklings/wethers are super happy with us....we turned almost all the bucklings into wethers on Sat....

We are pasteurizing about 2 gallons of milk every other day- only milking 3 does at this point. We've been making some cheese- tried our hand at Mozzarella- it turned out good and didn't last long so no pictures to share :(. Just finished draining a batch of Chevre and DD is putting together some stuffed mushrooms(I'll try to get a picture before they get eaten..). Will use the whey to make a batch of Ricotta and DD found an ice cream recipe using whey.

It's been hot/humid here the last few days and we've gotten more rain too...radar shows more storms for tonight...

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures...DD had taken a few :D

this is the mozzarella cheese we made the other day
Mozzarella goat cheese-1st batch(crop)-6-14-2018.jpg

Here are the mushrooms stuffed with goat cheese
Goat cheese stuffed mushrooms(crop)-6-18-2018.jpg

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:drool:drool:drool

Both look delicious. Bruschetta is a favorite of mine and stuffed mushrooms are also a favorite.
I would be a terrible guest as I would have eaten half of everything... forget manners. :p

Latest posts