Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
So our youngest DS is 14 years old today! We really didn't do much as he had homework to work on and a soccer game mid-day to play. He was able to play goalie the whole game and his team won 7-0. Of course it won't be his day without a kidding....yep about 5:45 pm Basil presented him with triplets!! 1 doeling and 2 bucklings. It was great timing as he was able to help before having to go to the 4-H meeting tonight! DH went with and I stayed behind to assist Basil and move Coco to the kidding area(today is day 145). Basil is just like her dam Coco a stealth kidder...looks perfectly fine one minute and in the next she's dropping kids....
Basil-kidded triplets-1 doeling & 2 bucklings-4-14-2019-crop.jpg

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just wonder if he will "remember" that as a "landmark" in his life as to how old he was when this took place....;)
Kids and baby animals will always make ya smile....sometimes it just takes a little longer for it to show up.....:)

I think he will remember, out of the 3 human kids, this is something that will likely only happen on his birthday(other 2 are fall/winter birthdays).

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
As cool as DS(14) would have found it to have 2 does kid on his birthday, Coco held off and waited till today! This morning at chore time, I figured she was close as she was coming up to me wanting to be petted/scratched(she's more stand offish unless she ready to kid or has kids).

Around 10:30 am she started pushing and the 1st kid(bucking) was butt end first and I could only find 1 leg...with her pushing and me helping we got him out safely! Thankfully, the 2nd(doeling), 3rd(buckling) and 4th(doeling) all came out head/feet first! At least this year she gave me a heads up that she was ready to kid!!

Coco-2019 kidding-2 buckling & 2 doelings-4-16-2019-crop.jpg

the 2 doelings are in the barrel, backwards buckling in front of barrel and 2nd bucking just off to the right

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Never a dull moment here at our house! DD is home on Easter break, come home Thursday night :)! Friday both DS's had half a day of school and DH ended up having to go to work(was planning to take Friday off) because one of unit's got the patio door broken Thursday night :mad::confused::somad!

After school, DS(14) was riding his bike on the driveway when he wiped out :hitDS(17) and I ran to check him out as he wasn't getting up, he pretty much fell on his face. He had a bloody nose that was scrapped up and swollen, 2 chipped front teeth and a finger on his left hand swollen/didn't look right... we kind of got him cleaned up and headed into urgent care. Urgent care looked at him, cleaned his scrapes up a bit and started checking him out, in the course of questions, he didn't think he blacked out but couldn't really remember how he ended up falling...SO they sent us to the ER for further evaluation...he ended up with a mild concussion(so no sports for at least a week) a sprained finger, his nose looks to be okay and thankfully they found a dentist who would see him and start the repairs to his teeth that night. Most likely he will need to have the one tooth capped. Poor kid :hugs