Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
So after working a 12 hour day....DH is now taking our clothes dryer apart...it(the dryer) stopped drying the clothes mid load :hitDH is trying to determine what is wrong, what part is needed and if it's even worth fixing- we've had the dryer for 14 years now and it's seen a lot of laundry! Had to hang up the wet clothes and hoping that DS(12)'s gym shirt dries for tomorrow.....

DD asked why I was drying the clothes weird :lol:
14 year old dryer is not likely to be worth fixing

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
How's Granite ?
His mama is a milking machine
She may be our top producer ever as a FF

Granite is doing well, has much better manners then our other buck(Chester). Granite is such a character- he likes to drink out of the gallon jug that we carry water in for the water buckets and makes sure to get the last pieces of grain from the dishes. So far the 3 does he bred haven't come back into heat :fl

That's awesome about his mama being your top producer as a FF

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
@OneFineAcre how accurate is the milk test (preg check)? I have a friend who used this last year since her goats were already on test. She said it wasn't reliable and has gone back to the blood tests. :idunno But it seems like it (milk preg check) is used by quite a few breeders. :idunno

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't say this but:
You can sometimes bypass them while waiting for the replacements.

Yeah DH could do that but we aren't sure if the high limit thermostat is stuck in the on position which means if it's by-passed it could burn up.....

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't say this but:
I bypassed the hi-temp switch on my furnace. It would go through it's entire cycle of purging for 30 seconds, flame on for 20 seconds, run the fan, shut off flame after 1 minute, run purge and run the fan one more minute, repeat. Took FOREVER to get the house up to temp. I think there is actually something wrong with the circuit board because I got 2 new switches (they are self resetting) and it still did that. With that switch bypassed it runs as expected the first time in the morning until the thermostat is satisfied. All subsequent times it does that little "dance" once then starts up again and runs until the thermostat is satisfied.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't say this but:
I bypassed the hi-temp switch on my furnace. It would go through it's entire cycle of purging for 30 seconds, flame on for 20 seconds, run the fan, shut off flame after 1 minute, run purge and run the fan one more minute, repeat. Took FOREVER to get the house up to temp. I think there is actually something wrong with the circuit board because I got 2 new switches (they are self resetting) and it still did that. With that switch bypassed it runs as expected the first time in the morning until the thermostat is satisfied. All subsequent times it does that little "dance" once then starts up again and runs until the thermostat is satisfied.

DH wants to know if your furnace is an 80% with metal vent pipe or a 90%+ with plastic vents?

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
@OneFineAcre how accurate is the milk test (preg check)? I have a friend who used this last year since her goats were already on test. She said it wasn't reliable and has gone back to the blood tests. :idunno But it seems like it (milk preg check) is used by quite a few breeders. :idunno
Well I can count on one hand the times we saw a doe bred when she didn't settle so I'm not sure why I would test at all
We've never pregnancy tested our
does
Testing the milk is just an advantage of milk testing