Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, cancel that thought! A round bale lasts the sheep a month. How many goats do you have? I realize no one wants to know the actual number of animals they have.......goat math......living in denial........the ones that you are thinking about selling don't count...........

The baleage must be in smaller amounts. A 750-800# bale would be a round bale. I’d think you are correct in your thinking. I’m sure H&R will let us know though.

I had to stop and count my goats. The number keeps changing lol.

I have five does, 2 bucks, four bucklings, 7 doelings, and 2 more doelings coming. That makes 20! Wow! No clue my number was that high. Way too much testosterone though. Need to work on that!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, cancel that thought! A round bale lasts the sheep a month. How many goats do you have? I realize no one wants to know the actual number of animals they have.......goat math......living in denial........the ones that you are thinking about selling don't count...........

Well.......its probably best that I don't go on record as to how many we actually have ;) so we'll go with the number that @Bruce threw out plus a few :lol:

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
The baleage must be in smaller amounts. A 750-800# bale would be a round bale. I’d think you are correct in your thinking. I’m sure H&R will let us know though.

I had to stop and count my goats. The number keeps changing lol.

I have five does, 2 bucks, four bucklings, 7 doelings, and 2 more doelings coming. That makes 20! Wow! No clue my number was that high. Way too much testosterone though. Need to work on that!

we aren't feeding baleage, the bales are big square ones- we aren't set up to feed round bales.

it's funny how that number keeps changing!

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH considered going to the big square bales for stacking but can’t seem to decide how to feed them and would need different equipment attachments to handle the bales.

We will see how that turns out. I’ll think his mind is made up against something and all of a sudden I’m writing a check for such and such that we now HAVE to have.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH considered going to the big square bales for stacking but can’t seem to decide how to feed them and would need different equipment attachments to handle the bales.

We will see how that turns out. I’ll think his mind is made up against something and all of a sudden I’m writing a check for such and such that we now HAVE to have.

We can only store 1 or 2 at a time, DH uses our skid steer to unload off our trailer and put into our storage place- then we pull hay off and fill 2 big garbage cans for each feeding, we cart it to where the goats are...