Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I find it useful to "pull" the sled downhill from behind. Let gravity do the work and hold back the speed from the rear rather than with my ankles.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
I find it useful to "pull" the sled downhill from behind. Let gravity do the work and hold back the speed from the rear rather than with my ankles.

the sled I use is one that DH made several years ago from an old pair of skis and wood-its heavy so you definitely don't want to be in front of it!!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
This week has been pretty nice here and our yard was dry enough that we were able to clean out the goats and rabbits! We started early enough so that the field we spread it in wasn't too sloppy!!

All the goats were given their CD&T shot as some of them are within 30 days or so of kidding. Our older 4 bred does are really starting to show and the 3 FF not as much.

We went through and trimmed all hooves-some goats behaved better then others even with treats.

For those of you that give BoSE shots-when do you typically give them?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't have the winter that you do, but lately we've had a LOT of rain. it made all the animal pens slop and yuck. SO glad to have a few days of sunshine! glad that you have had nice weather and were able to get the goats and rabbits all cleaned up.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
We ended up getting some more snow late yesterday afternoon into the evening-probably ended up getting 4 inches or so-haven't looked it up yet.
Of course DD and DS(12) had a choir concert but that was rescheduled for this evening.

Given how the snow fell, DH and I went out late last night to run our snow route. This snow was the kind you could build a snowman with-heavy/wet. It took us about 8 hours to clear all the places we take care of and we got home this morning around 8 am to do chores and then I took a nap. DH is sleeping yet. I could use some more sleep but given that we have evening chores and school activities, I figure I better get up.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
9 days left until the start of our kidding season!

Rio will be at day 145 on Sat March 31st, I'd be okay if she held off for a day or so.....we have 3 for sure and maybe up to 5 rental units to get ready for April 1st. One unit we will get back noon on March 31st and hand keys to the new tenants on April 1st(this one will hopefully be an easy turn)

Next week starts spring break here, maybe I'll get some extra hands to help but DD and DS(16) have sport practices-one at the start of the day and one at the end of the day....thinking DD will be in charge of this!!

DD and I had the opportunity to go to New Orleans on the high school band/choir trip-we traveled by coach bus with 75+ other students, teachers and chaperones for a total of 5 days. DH was awesome in that he was willing to take on my work load plus his work load to make it work. We had a fun time and toured some interesting places!

we made maple syrup again this year-I helped for the 1st batch and then DH, DS(16) and DS(12) did the next 2 batches. Syrup was lighter this year compared to last year.

I'll try to post some pictures showing the does that are due-hopefully it will let me as our internet has been very slow.....

Latest posts