Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
rained here most of the day yesterday, so the goat's area is muddy again... :sick

so after some discussion back and forth with DD....we will be adding at least Obie to our breeding list for 2019 kidding. She is 6 years old and we don't want to chance her not taking if we give her a year off. DD thinks I should breed Pepper as well....giving us 7 does kidding this coming spring....I haven't taken the time yet to see when our kidding dates will start...

fingers crossed that the 5 does we've put with the bucks are bred- will be watching for any returning to heat.

with the weekend being wet/cold/yucky... DS(16) put the tree up and DS(13) put the lights and tinsel on yesterday...tree looks interesting to say the least...sent DD a picture and she came back with "yikes" :lol:

started to make some of our favorite Christmas cookies...gingerbread, sugar, spritz to start! Will package and mail some to DD so she can enjoy too!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Well... now you've told us about it, and confirmed that a pic exists... When do we get to see your son's work? :)

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
So as requested @Latestarter, here are some pictures :)

2018 Tree decoration(c)-12-1-2018.jpg

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
not sure any of our tree decorating could be considered as "traditional" :lol:, he had fun doing it and that's cool! DD can figure out how to hang the ornaments when she get home for winter break!!

Those cookies are our favorites...probably end up making another batch of each!

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Curious. I know Spritz cookies through my DW and her mother. But they are thin ridged strips a bit over an inch wide. Other cookies are made that look like what you have here. You don't happen to have a Mirro cookie press do you?

We call them spritz cookies too, we use a cookie press. We are German/Polish and always have spritz cookies for Christmas every since i can recall. I've never seen ridged strips your mentioning.