Ready or Not....... Shouldvknwnbetter- Fall

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was able to pick up the tattoo letters that gotten broken so now we can finish! Of course fair starts this coming Monday :\

Right now we are using 1/4" tattoo because that is what our friends have- we have both rabbits and goats so wondering if this size is okay or if we can make a different size work?

Our kitchen is now the "goat 500" race way :lol: and we can tell who is running by the sound of their hoof beats!! oops we had a crash and wipe out at turn 2........

Today the kids are 2 weeks old! Here are their weights:

Marsh- birth weight- 2 lbs 3 oz......today- 4 lbs 5 oz
Monty- birth weight- 2 lbs 10 oz.....today- 6 lbs 1 oz
Moose- birth weight- 1 lb 8 oz.......today- 3 lb
Mort- birth weight- 3 lbs 5 oz........today- 6 lbs 6 oz
Monkey- birth weight- 1 lb 6 oz......today- 3 lbs 1 oz

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
seems like they've all doubled their weight! That's great! Glad things are going well for you and the little ones :thumbsup

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad the kids are doing well and growing; so darn cute too.

About the tattoo, 1/4" seems pretty small, even for NDs. I use either 3/8 or 5/16, I forget which it is.

How did the letters break, mine are metal.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad the kids are doing well and growing; so darn cute too.

About the tattoo, 1/4" seems pretty small, even for NDs. I use either 3/8 or 5/16, I forget which it is.

How did the letters break, mine are metal.

The letters are plastic base and the goat jerked his head when DH was applying the tattoo........

we are trying to figure out which size to get so we can use it for both our rabbits and goats :) we do have the EZ- tatt but that isn't as easy to use(guess we need to practice more)

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
seems like they've all doubled their weight! That's great! Glad things are going well for you and the little ones :thumbsup

thanks......the night feeding is kind of rough but we came up with a working system ;), they are very quiet and don't really make much noise at all!

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wow, Just catching up on this thread. You have had quite the busy house. Congrats on all the little ones. Glad your daughter and dog recovered from their accidents. Love the pictures.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think the EZ tat would be a nightmare. I have the old fashioned metal one, takes 3/8" digits, made by Stone. I think that if you are going to show your goats they need to be bigger than 1/4", even bigger ones the judges often have a hard time seeing and if you win they DO check and they have to be legible.